BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Fashion Consultant" Stacey Emerson

Stacey Emerson, Owner and Founder of HER Treasures Boutique located in the Chicago land area. With her creative, unique fashions and styling, she created an ideal online boutique with emphasis on customer service, affordability and quality clothing for every woman.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

Stacey Emerson: As I began my brand I faced internal obstacles. I was very self limiting. I frequently discouraged myself from starting my business due to fear. I was afraid to fail, afraid to struggle  and oddly enough afraid to succeed.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

SE:I have always had a love for fashion. As a little girl I was intrigued by shows such as: How do I look? The look for less and Rachel Zoe. I wasn't like most kids watching cartoons instead I was figuring out how to make clothes. So, as an adult I turned my life long passion into a business.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

SE:  It has been difficult trying to balance both but I have recently learned how to put down the technology and allow myself free time away from work which allows more ME time. Taking a break from work is one of the hardest things to do as a entrepreneur but it is essential.


 BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

SE: For where your treasure is, your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21 This quote reminds me to keep my heart and my mind aligned with God and his will.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

SE: As a member of a close knit family they have all played a major role in encouraging me to live out my dream. My immediate family especially made it easy for me to feel secure in my decision to start my own boutique. There were several close friends who encouraged me and one friend who provided mental support with probing questions which helped me start my business sooner.

BN: What are your must-haves to keep your career or business going strong?

SE: It is pertinent to have a passion for your career beyond money, attention and
fame because once all those things are gone the passion will keep you going. I also believe it is essential to recognize God and his strength to sustain you and your business.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

SE: A BOSS is someone who is able to inspire, promote and encourage others with their life experiences. One who can positively impact others to strive for the best without doubt and/or fear.




Connect with Stacey Emerson,on Instagram  and Twitter @hertreasuresbtq and learn more about products and services at http://www.hertreasuresboutique.com



 
Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC