BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Creative Visionary" Andrea Mosley

Andrea Mosley is a wife and a stay-at-home mom of two amazing children. Andrea and her family reside in Hickory Hills, Illinois. Andrea has a passion for the positive development of people. When Andrea is not writing books, she is actively developing ideas for new products and mentoring youth/young adults.

The BOSS Network:What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
 
Andrea Mosley: When I started my business, my greatest challenge was marshaling resources and   support.  I did not have the financial resources, but I decided that I wouldn't let these challenges intimidate me or stop me from pursuing my goals.  I viewed the possible returns on my ideas as greater than the risks.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
 AMI’ve always liked the idea of making my own schedule, so I opted to study business. I wasn't inspired by one particular thing or event; I was inspired by a spectrum of life experiences that motivated me to give back through writing, mentoring and public speaking. I wanted to help transform lives because my life had been transformed.
BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
AM: As a wife and mother of small children sometimes maintaining balance can be challenging. I prioritize… For me, family comes first so I create a schedule to manage my family responsibilities and strategically choose what projects I take on. If an opportunity comes along that diverts significant time and energy away from my family, I don’t pursue it. I also have an amazing husband who supports me and helps me maintain balance. I know that everyone doesn't have a spouse to help with balance, but I think it’s good to have someone you trust who will hold you accountable and help to support you in this.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

AM:  “You’re not responsible for how people treat you but you are responsible and will have to give an account for how you treat others”. Something God shared with me some time ago.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

AM: I had quite a few mentors, but my dad has been the most influential.  He was the first to tell me that I was great and that I could do anything. He’s always encouraged me and believed in me even through what seemed like the worst moments in my life. He’s my biggest cheerleader…

BN: What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong?               
AM: It may sound like a cliché’, but I must have God first, no compromise in that because He has given me so many opportunities, including this business....and then there is my laptop : )

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?
AM: To me a boss is a servant who leads by investing in the wellbeing of others in an excellent way.



Connect with Andrea Mosley on Twitter  @iamandreamosley
Learn more about products and services at
Website:
www.andreamosley.com

 


Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC