BOSS Spotlight Meet The "Multidating Philosofixer" Stacii Jae Johnson

Stacii Jae Johnson, actress, radio personality,television host, lifestyle influencer and women’s empowerment advocate is vastly becoming the "go-to” for all things single girl. As a former on-air jock at the country’s #1 urban radio station, CBS Radio, WVEE- FM V-103, Stacii Jae is a die hard entrepreneur focused on building a media empire. Prior to her arrival at V-103, Stacii Jae created and hosted Atlanta's #1 girl talk radio show "Black Girls Radio”.Originally from Memphis, TN, Ms. Johnson moved to Atlanta to attend the esteemed Spell-man College, and then graduated with honors. She is a girl on the move- from Memphis to Atlanta to Hollywood actress and back to Atlanta as a high profile political figure, working in the Office of Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed as the former Entertainment & Special Events Director,top advisor and a member of his executive leadership team for over three years. Stacii Jae exemplifies a career that resembles a chameleon, colorful, bright and true.


TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

SJ: NO matter what the business or career I see that I set the bar very high for me in each of them. That can be a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that I constantly pushed myself, but a curse because I initially could not appreciate the small wins. Not appreciating the wins spiritually hindered me from progressing forward at a more rapid pace than I could have. I believe moving forward in life has a lot to do with appreciating the now. The small wins are the NOW. Wisdom has taught me that the small wins honestly are just as meaningful as the big wins; they are in essence preparing me for the BIG wins. So, that was my biggest obstacle- NOT ENJOYING THE SMALL WINS. I still push myself. I still set my bar high, even higher. I still believe I can have it all. I would encourage anyone starting a business or career to do the same thing. Do the work to have and claim it ALL. The only thing I would change is add praise for the small wins that are happening now. What I have learned is every win matters.



BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

SJ:I have a heart for single women. According to the US Census Bureau, 40% of the females in US are single and 60% of that have never been married. I am one of the 60%. I am passionate about connecting, inspiring, educating and empowering single women to laugh, learn, love and live their single life to the fullest. I believe that love first starts with loving self. Self discovery is priceless. As a single woman all of my life in a world that tends to lift up coupledom and look down to being a single woman- especially being single after a certain age - I had to consciously work on managing my emotional stability and become more self aware. The world tells us as single women that we are lacking something and I started to believe it. It effected the way I lived my life, the choices I made and how I felt about myself. As a single woman, now empowered, very self aware and self discovered, no one can tell me who I am. I know what I want and do not want in both my business and personal life. It has taken a lot of work; A lot of self reflection and honestly a lot of dating multiple men. My business and personal life have improved tremendously. My inspiration comes from seeing so many single sisters still on the other side of living a whole and empowered life... living in a place full of fear and with a mind filled with thoughts of lack. Not realizing their value. Hopefully by my sharing my life and experiences with them, it will inspire them to make different choices; to do the work and become more self aware and empowered. One of the ways I have enjoyed that has helped me become more self discovered as far as my relationships is through dating multiple men. Dating multiple men has opened me up to self discovery. I relate better to myself and to the men I date. It has given me the courage to be all of me and it has taken the pressure off. For the first time in my life, I am enjoying dating. I feel empowered and one of the biggest things is - I stopped settling. I was even inspired to share my journey through my new book. ‘Date, Girl 143 Reasons I Believe Women Should Date Multiple Men’ has been called by readers “the single girls dating bible.” `

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? 

SJ: I do not think balance is achievable. Neither do I look for it. I do listen to my spirit for direction. It really does tell me when - enough is enough - in either direction. I trust my spirit for direction.I also have started making a conscious effort to call my grandmother more because I know it’s the right thing to do. I love her very much and I know I need to stay close to her.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by? 

SJ: There are so many. But two always come to mid. The first on is from Maya Angelou “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life is a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” Another one is from my She-Ro...Oprah Winfrey“The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

SJ: I am always intrigued by stories of people pushing through and overcoming. Again...Oprah Winfrey. Everything about her encourages me now and even as a young girl growing up in Memphis, Tennessee. President Obama is the first African American President of the United States. He is dream realized for so many kids and adults. Before him we all thought a black President was almost impossible.His ability to accomplish what we all thought was impossible is encourages me.My mom encouraged me to go to college. I am a very proud graduate of the #1 college for female African American girls - Spelman College. She also taught me that I could accomplish anything if I put my mind to it. Also three books....one by Joseph Campbell called “The Hero with A Thousand Faces” talks about the various stages of the hero’s journey. Another called “The Game of Life and How To Play It” by Florence Shovel Shin and “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? 

SJ: For me social media is very important. I have to continue to stay connected to single African American ladies all over the country. The best way to do that is social media. My computer and my iPhone are definite “must haves”. Honestly is a must have. I have to be open to share my journey. My test must be my testimony.Sharing my journey is a “must have.” Most of the business I do is with brands who believe in me enough to hire me as an ambassador to their product, universities/ colleges to speak to their female demographic so another “must have” is to look good. Looking good is not only physical but mental. Energy is powerful. It can’t be manipulated or duplicated. Energy just - is. So my final “must have” is great energy body, mind and soul.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS? 

SJ: She is a winner who does not live by anything outside of what is excellent; does not make excuses; solutions oriented; she takes intentional moves in the direction of materializing her dreams; she is self aware; she does the internal work so her life to represent light in darkness. 





Connect with Stacii Jae Johnson on Instagram @staciijae  Twitter @Staciijae and Facebook staciijaejohnson. And learn more about her products and services at www.staciijaejohnson.com



Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network