4 Mindset Shifts For The Purpose-Filled Woman by Tanya Barnett

This past weekend, I did some serious reflecting on my life. I compared this year to last year at this very same time. I saw a remarkable difference in the woman known as Tanya Barnett: 2016 Me vs. 2017 Me. The differences were like night and day. I am walking like a purpose filled woman.
I asked myself what the stark contrast was. After all, I still have the same home, husband, and kids. I did put on a few extra pounds, however, I can still fit my clothes (I refuse to buy a larger size).
All day, I continued to ask God to show me what happened to the old me (not that I was missing her or anything). I’m so glad, He gave me a great revelation: there was a shift.
My lifestyle shifted! My way of living life had changed. My mindset had been renewed.  I adopted strategies to have more control over my life, which resulted in an acceleration in achieving my goals and the progression of my businesses. A new VICTORIOUS ME EMERGED!
The were 4 changes I made and they all stemmed from a mindset shift—-
Devotion: I now begin each morning with a devotion no matter how short. Sometimes, I read a short one from the FIRST5 app. I also love the Bible app on my phone, especially since it reads scriptures to you. I let it play the scripture of the day while I am brushing my teeth; then, I say a quick prayer. This helps me set up my day for good things to happen. I say positive things about my day, my family and my businesses.
Discipline: This is a biggie. After my devotion time, I look over my monthly goals in my Whose Shoes Are You Wearing? 2017 Transformational Calendar by Julian B Kiganda and Christine St.Vil. This calendar has a place to write goals and to write action steps (I needed this part the most.) I look at this daily and keep it on me all day long as a reminder of my purpose and of God’s promises. I love that it has quotes and a prayer in it. I glued Vision board items I want to achieve this year in the section for it. This helps me stay focused on what I need to do for the day and it helps me maintain the discipline to not get off track.
Don’t Over Commit: The major thing I did differently this year was I stopped over-committing. I actually stepped down from boards of 2 groups that I was no longer finding joy in and I also began to tell people “no”. At 1st, it was hard to say “no”, even to my husband, but in doing so, I am not going crazy trying to do 100 things every single day.
Do Take a Break: In the Whose Shoes Are You Wearing? 2017 Transformational Calendar, there is a place to write how you will reward yourself for accomplishing the month’s goals. I am so glad this is in there. It forces me to take time for myself. So far, I began getting pedicures, massages and soon, I’ll go to lunch by myself. I never did these things before. Now, I let my husband know ahead of time, that this is my time and he respects it.
As you continue to walk in your purpose this year, what mindset shifts will you adopt to move closer towards your goals?
Be sure to follow Tanya Barnett on Twitter @RealWifeCoach and check out her products & services at www.RealWifeMovement.com and ForeverFreeBooks.com 

Comments

  1. Loved this! I am often caught up in self reflection I believe it helps me understand where I've been, my mistakes, how to overcome, and plan for the future. This year I am focused on being true to myself. I realized that I was often saying yes but I wanted to say no. That has to stop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keisha! I recently stepped down from another responsibility and I feel so much better.

      Delete
  2. I teach all of my coaching clients to practice self care! Even God rested after creating one of the largest projects to ever exist! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. You hooked me! You are right, and just recently I learned that saying no can be a big help...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindset developing is so vital to our personal development. Saying no can be a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing some assessing to figure out where I'm going, what my goals are and if I'm working towards where I need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally working on not over committing myself. Because you will run yourself crazy and others wont do the same for you! Its hard to start saying no but I think Im quickly getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was exactly what I needed. Discipline is a major key. I get off track at least once a month. It's so hard at times but a reminder of what my ultimate purpose is always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was a must read! I have to constantly remind myself of the blessing that my family has and the blessings that people in GENERAL have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good tips sis! I've been hearing a lot about that calendar. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post about mind shifts! Its powerful when you are conscious of your growth and life changes to become a better you and shedding old bad ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the great tips. Tips 3 and 4 especially resonate with me because I have problem with over-commitment and do not take enough time out for me. Excellent reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DEVOTIONS! We have got to make time for this. We can't do anything without God and we have lost sight of keeping him first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC