BOSS Spotlight Feature: Olivia Adeola

Olivia Adeola is a public health student, and the self-care assistant for busy and ambitious Black women. Throughout her public health career, she created Ada's Essentials to support busy and ambitious Black women in connecting with health and self-care resources that complement their personality, lifestyle, and goals.
__________________________________________________

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
With my career being in the health tech industry, I knew the experience I wanted to provide my clients. It took quite a bit of trial, error, and investment to figure out the compilation of tools, systems, and integrations that were the best for my business.

What inspired you to break into your industry?
Ada is the Nigerian Igbo word for "Eldest daughter". As a Black woman and eldest daughter, my journey through trying to prioritize my health and wellness while taking care of my loved ones was a difficult and lonely one. Throughout my public health career, I've created Ada's Essentials to support busy and ambitious Black women in finding, connecting with, and organizing the information and resources they need to reach their health and self-care goals.

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance?
Balance is absolutely crucial to my productivity and the effectiveness of my work. The key to balance in my life is listening to my body. Instead of waiting for burnout, I periodically take the time to reflect and check-in with how I’m doing. Taking care of my business and career starts with the way I take care of myself.

What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
Not necessarily, a quote, but I’m constantly repeating the phrase “One step at a time” in my head. While the goals and aspirations I have for my business and my career are exciting, they can be very overwhelming. I have to remind myself that by taking one step at a time, my next step will bring clarity to the one after.

Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
My professors throughout my career have been fundamental in encouraging and guiding me throughout my journey.

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
Systems. Effective and agile templates and automation for keeping everything updated and my clients informed along the way.

What is your definition of a BOSS?
A BOSS is someone who is honest, disciplined, and persistent in their pursuit of helping make this world a better place.

Provide us with two words that describe you? Self Care Assistant

Learn more about Olivia at:  https://adasessentials.com/ 

Twitter https://twitter.com/adasessentials 

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/adas.essentials 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network