BOSS Spotlight Feature: Liana Brackett


Liana Brackett is a lingerie designer and on-camera host. She is CEO of the luxury lingerie line, Catuchi, launching in late 2022. She considers herself a "lingerie connoisseur" and is excited to bring some sparkle into women's lives through her gemstone-laden lingerie.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? I know this is something so many fellow entrepreneurs experience, but the balancing act between the regular 9 to 5 job and family and my business has probably been one of the biggest obstacles. Aside from this balancing act, a mechanism for my lingerie designs that I’ve been working on for the past few years has been an obstacle. Seeing my creation come to life from paper to a working mechanism has been exciting even with multiple and multiple iterations as I get closer and closer to a working unit!


What inspired you to break into your industry? Back in college, I remember watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and just being in awe of the Million Dollar Fantasy Bra that was the show finale. I remember thinking how stunning the bras were each year and the thought of being adorned in gemstones was just far-fetched, quite possibly uncomfortable but also intriguing. Throughout the years that has always stuck with me and I wondered how many other women or people wanted even just a piece of a gemstone to adorn their lingerie.

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance? As a new mom, this balance has become even more complicated! While my personal life is a little chaotic at the moment with a newborn baby, I still set aside time each week to work on the business, coordinating with my husband so he can watch the baby while I can have uninterrupted time to focus. I’m still preparing for my lingerie line’s launch by late 2022, so getting in as much time as possible is critical.

What is an inspirational quote that you live by? I have a few, but my top two: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Isaiah 1:9 and my late maternal grandmother, Nana Vern, would always tell my sister and me, “You’re the head, not the tail.”

Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? My parents and my husband have been my biggest cheerleaders! They’re the ones who will give me brutally honest feedback, but also encourage me to keep moving forward when I start having doubts.

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? Meditation and scheduled zen time! Having some quiet time helps me keep things in perspective when my business goals feel so big and overwhelming at times.

What is your definition of a BOSS? A boss is someone who brings out the best in others while staying true to their vision.

Provide us with two words that describe you? Lingerie Connoisseur

Learn more about Liana on Twitter: @lianabrackett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network