Balance in your life is not something you achieve, it's something you believe. Balance is not "doing it all" but a mindset you live and a conscious decision and a daily commitment to living in peace and maintaining a positive mindset. Achieving balance is being present in and maximizing the moment.
One definition of balance found in the dictionary is "mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior judgement". Balance is not an external destination in your life or in your day that you achieve but a state of mind and a positive mindset. Balance is something you establish internally, not something you create externally. It is the pursuit of peace, not the pursuit of getting it all done. It is being present in the moment, not dwelling on the past or stressing about the future. Balance like faith, is a victory over time, not a short term success.
Achieving a balanced life
Balance is achievable!! It's not a destination you reach, but the accumulation of the choices you make. Below are 20 P.O.W.E.R.™ Tips to living a balanced life.
1. Balance begins with seeking God first, committing to yourself, and being present for your family and friends.
2. Pray! It gives you the right perspective regarding what's important in your life.
3. Rethink what you think about having to "doing it all".
4. Maintain a positive mindset regardless of the circumstances.
5. Begin your day with excitement and rejoicing. Laugh throughout the day. End your day with celebration, gratitude, and a sense of accomplishment.
6. Be active and make healthy choices in every area of your life.
7. Make sure you are wearing the "right hat" at the right time. Do not try to run your marriage like you operate your company or manage your employees.
8. Let go and let others.
9. Ask for and receive help.
10. Saying "no" isn't personal, it's just you saying "yes" to you. It can keep you from doing things that deplete your time and are not relevant to your journey.
11. Be more protective of and have more respect for your time.
12. You can do it all you just can't do it all right now or at the same time.
13. Learn to get comfortable with feeling overwhelmed. When you are a pursuing something bigger and greater than yourself, you will never be able to "get it all done".
14. Begin EVERYTHING with clearly defined objectives and expected results.
15. Be present in every moment and stop the unnecessary multitasking.
16. Spend QUALITY time with your loved ones, which includes yourself.
17. Release yourself from being perfect.
18. Trust God's will and plan for your life.
19. Stop seeking happiness and strive for joy.
20. LAUGH and do it often!!!
Stand strong in the name of the Lord. Trust in the Lord and rest in the comfort of your faith. Exponential Living™.
Visit: www.exponentialliving.com and follow @SheriRiley on Twitter