Education: A Different Kind of Wealth by Dr Dawj


I had a conversation with someone after winners were announced for the recent $600 million dollar mega millions jackpot recently. I was asked my thoughts on winning and the importance of building your wealth. Those that know me know that I go into education mode frequently, so my response was geared towards the building of educational wealth because our minds are truly powerful.

Oftentimes people think of a monetary value when it comes to finances. There are thoughts of how much money will be needed to get a job done; buy a car; a house, travel or expand a business. People think about how much money it will take to start a business, buy fancy things and live a fruitful life. However, I immediately ask the question, “what knowledge can I gain that will help bring me closer to achieving goals I have set?” Keeping in mind that the purpose for setting goals is to create strategies for achieving them.

The reality is that no matter how much money you have, if you don’t have the knowledge to invest it properly or spend it wisely, you will go broke in no time. What are some things you can do to increase your educational wealth?
  • Go back to school to get a degree.
  • Take some junior college level courses related to your area of focus.
  • Attend some seminars related to the topic.
  • Join some business networks and network with others and attend meetings geared towards your area of study.
  • Volunteer for organizations or schools where you can gain valuable knowledge
  • If you give of yourself, you can get for yourself, keeping in mind that it really isn’t about the money all the time.


My follow-up question is, “what knowledge can I share with others that will help bring them closer to achieving goals they have set?” This is a powerful question. It is powerful because in your learning, you are developing a mentality of sharing that learning with others, which helps to plants seeds of your legacy. When you share, you spread the wealth of education, thereby increasing the chances that the person you are sharing with will use it in a way that will yield a return on its investments. 

Lastly, The real power and wealth in all of this is a return that makes a 360-degree full circle back to you. So the questions you should keep in mind when it comes to building educational wealth are:
* What knowledge can I gain that will help bring me closer to achieving goals I have set?”
* What knowledge can I share with others that will help bring them closer to achieving goals they have set?”

These are powerful and productive steps if used correctly and without selfish intentions that will change your life for the better.

Learn more about Dawgelene “Dr Dawj” Sangster at http://dawgelenesangster.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network