Do What You Need to Do! By Tiara Wilkinson

Many of us are wise beyond our years. We always know what to do. We can counsel people through diverse, complicated problems. We hear about someone else’s confusion and offer wise suggestions to direct them. We watch the news and shake our heads at the foolishness of others knowing that if those things had happened to us there would be an entirely different outcome.

Yet, when it comes to our own lives, many of us embody the "do as I say, not as I do" lifestyle. Despite our wide berth of wisdom and knowledge, we can't seem to connect it with what happens in our own personal lives.

I'll use myself as an example:
I know that I need to sit down and figure out some ways to invest and make my income produce more results for me. Yet, I have yet to carve out the time to do so. And the thought of doing the research consistently pushing this issue to the back burner. Even where my purpose is concerned, there are things that I know I should be doing to prepare and position myself, but I keep procrastinating about what I need to get done. If I wasn’t me, I’d be shaking my head at my own self and telling me a thing or two.

What areas of your life could benefit from your own advice? If you weren't you, what would you be telling yourself?

Starting today, let's shut our mouths about everyone else and start to do what we need to do for ourselves. Instead of busying ourselves with other people’s concerns, let’s work on our own priorities. Let's not be hypocritical in how we live. 

If we know what is right, let's do what's right!



Connect with Tiara Wilkinson on Twitter @4cdiamond and check out Days of Purpose and Destiny.com form inspiration, wisdom and more information!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC