BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "PR/Branding Guru" Rachel Green

 Rachel Green, The CEO of A Brand Called U, Rachel manages public relations strategies; Media Outreach Material Development, on-site Event Management, Client Management, and the overall daily activities of her firm. As an advocate for continued education she enjoys teaching small business owners the power of do- it-yourself public relations, and Marketing

The BOSS Network: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process  of starting your business or career?

Rachel Green: In the beginning, the biggest obstacle that I faced in my career was client dependency. As a publicists, you will find that most potential clients truly do not understand the full benefits of having a full-time publicist and often only seek out assistance when conducting events. Therefore, your clientele became project based which result in inconsistent income


BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

RG: I was actually introduced to the profession on accident. While in college,
I wanted to pursue a degree a degree in sports medicine. My older sister
saw a flyer for a charity event being hosted by a former Bears player and
thought it would be a great idea if I volunteered for the event to meet
professionals in the field. I emailed the events coordinator, who happen to
be a local publicists. After speaking over the phone, she asked me to meet
her for coffee and after our 3 hour meeting she asked if I ever thought
about working in PR. The thought had never crossed my mind but was
intrigued. It wasn't until I handled my first media event that I became
hooked. It was for a former Chicago Bulls player who surprised a needy
family with a home makeover. I had every media outlet in Chicago there and
ever since I've been hooked.

BN:  How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

RG: I always set aside time for those that are important to me. I call my best
friends every morning on the way to work to do girl talk. My children are
now young adults and so we talk often throughout the week to stay current
on each others lives. I pamper myself to a mani/pedi every two weeks where
I often fall asleep in the chair and I travel as often as possible. For
Thanksgiving, I took a self-caution. Yes, a vacation all by myself on a
cruise to the Bahamas. It was the best time of life. Lastly but not least,
I join a prayer call every morning to maintain a close relationship with
God and start my off with a positive mindset. I make it work.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

RG: "Good better best. Never will I rest until my good is better and my better is best"

 BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

RG: My mother,Doris Green, was definitely a big part of my choice to pursue a
career path in entrepreneurship. She owned several business throughout my
childhood including her Beverly, IL clothing boutique called "Creative Lady
Boutique" and "Quickies Hot Dog Stand" in Harvey, IL. My mother was always
coming up with new ideas and inventions such as the "Potato on a Stick".
Ha! She didn't always get it right but she never stopped trying. She was the
true Creative Lady!

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?

RG: I must have a computer, internet, a cell phone, and a cup of coffee.
Without these things, there's trouble.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

RG: Someone that never quits. That is confident in her efforts. She's not
afraid to say when she doesn't know something and asked for help when it's
needed. She's a great leader because she was first a great student. That's
a BOSS.

Connect with Rachel Green on Twitter @MsABCU , Instagram @ABrandCalledU and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Brand-Called-U/141707799176696
Learn more about products and services at
Website: www.ABUCPR.com

 
Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network