If Profit Was Self-Care By Cledra Gross

We keep track of what matters to us the most.  Real talk…..do you consistently find the time to make sure your business finances are in the “black” while you’re “too busy” to keep your mental, physical and spiritual well being out of the “red”?  The irony is that most BOSS ladies juggle a non-negotiable “to-do” list larger than most and yet when it comes to doing the things to maintain a high level of energy, mental clarity, and long term health we make those choices optional.  What is it that makes us think it’s ok to be financially prosperous and physically bankrupt?  

The great news is that you know how to get on your grind and push through tough times. You know how to dig in and climb some really steep hills.  Being an entrepreneur isn’t for the soft, the easily discouraged, or the complainers.  

Now how can you use all of those amazing skills when it comes to taking care of your mental, physical and spiritual well being? I’m glad you asked! 

The first decision you have to make is to create your non-negotiable list.  When I recommend high structure to my clients self care regimen it’s always interesting to me that executive level women or a 6 figure entrepreneur who started from scratch will start to morph into the equivalent of making “my dog ate my homework” type excuses.  I was too tired to workout. I forgot my kids had soccer. I had an argument with my husband. I just didn’t feel like it.  The list goes on and on but I want you to consider something difficult you do to make your business work and the number of times you complete that task when you don’t feel like it or when things in your personal life are out of control.  It’s important to take the time to do this for 2 reasons. First I like for my clients to see that they really do have what it takes and secondly it’s realizing that they’re only doing what it takes in select areas of their life & with a DECISION they can expand those skills to other areas.

Some of the non-negotiable's to self care that I recommend include:

  • Prayer
  • Meditation
  • Exercise

These 3 are the most important because they touch your mental, physical, and spiritual “self”.  The next step is to plan for these 3 non-negotiables.  I like to use popups in my phone to remind me to pray and then use a timer for meditation.  Meditation doesn’t have to be putting your big toe behind your left ear.  It can be while you’re taking a shower or while you’re running.  Sometimes when I run I do what I call a gratitude run where I will go through the alphabet and with each letter give gratitude for something or someone in my life.  The point is to DO IT.  Finally you must schedule exercise.  Take the time to forecast your week just like you do in your business. What days are so packed that you know that if you don’t exercise first thing it’s not going to happen? What days will you end early and you can put in a great spin class before dinner?  For BOSS ladies every week is different but that’s not a reason to just stop your self care.  You don’t stop making money on days you don’t feel like it and you have to have that SAME mentality when it comes to your mental, physical and spiritual “currency”.  

You cannot give and give and give and it never come back to negatively impact you.  It’s no different than constantly making withdrawals from your bank account and not taking anytime to make deposits.  
So that’s my final challenge to you…..make a list of what will be non-negotiable moving forward when it comes to your mental, physical, and spiritual well being.  

Connect with Cledra Gross on Twitter @cledracledra and Facebook for more information on products and services to drop all weight visit Cledra.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network