BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Marketing Guru" Danielle Seals

 Danielle Seals, I am better known to some as Dr. Dannie,providing the “fashionable prescriptions” that every woman needs! I am the owner of Fashionable Addictions Boutique in Oak Park, Illinois. I originally started working in a popular retail store as a buyer, and from there I opened my own boutique!

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Danielle Seals: One of the obstacles that I faced in starting my boutique was securing the proper funding for the start of my business. My second biggest obstacle was hiring the right people to sell the products & services that I offered.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

DS: I was inspired to break into the fashion industry because I worked in retail for over 12 years and I really liked the position of buyer for that particular store. Unfortunately, the store closed down and I decided at that moment that instead of going to work for someone else, I was going to begin my road to entrepreneurship!

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

DS: Balancing both my professional life and personal life can sometimes be very hectic. Being a Full time Entrepreneur and Mother requires many hours on both ends. I maintain a balance by taking days off during the week and allowing my employees to get working hours in. On the weekends I am usually very busy as this is the time that most people have time to shop. I like to be very “hands on” with my clients as much as possible. Having a personal life and spending quality time with my family is very important, however I also keep my feet grounded in my business. Listening to my clients is the most effective way to provide the best shopping experience during their visit to Fashionable Addictions!

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

DS: My Inspirational quote of choice is: “Treat others as you want to be treated”. This quote is important to me because I try to live my life by it.  I try to inspire everyone I come into contact with to live by it as well.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

DS: There were several influential people that helped or encouraged me, and I honestly can’t name everybody individually because I would hate to miss someone; but I love them all so much and am grateful to still have them in my life today!

BN: What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong?

DS: A “must-have” to keep my business going is open communication with my clientele and doing my best to understand and fulfill their needs and wants.  I appreciate my clients because without them, Fashionable Addictions would not exist.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

DS: My definition of a Boss is someone who not only helps themselves, but someone taking the time to present opportunities for others to be able to succeed and grow their businesses.

 
Connect with Danielle Seals ,on Instagram fashionableaddictions ,Twitter
fashionablemeds and Facebook fashionableaddictionsone learn more about products
and services at  www.addictions-store.com
 




Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network