BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Experienced Marketer” Nia Perry

Nia Perry, Is undeniably blessed. With a diverse career in marketing, sales, public relations, event management, digital media, and advertising, she’s worked in myriad vertical markets such as fashion, retail, hospitality and education. By God’s grace, her greatest accomplishments have been marrying her supportive husband and having two amazing children.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

Nia Perry: Starting my career, I was so focused on what I thought wanted to do, which at that time was event planning and design. I studied it, receiving an Event Management Certification from George Washington University, and even picked up floral design. However, I learned and continue to learn to this day, that if my heart is not fully engaged in a project, and if I do not properly plan my business goals, than all of my hard work will be in vain.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry? 

NP: In general, I am inspired by technology and the digital space. I never intended to end up here, but as a result of delving into affiliate marketing I gained so many skills that were transferable to other small business owners and solopreneurs, that my business partner (my husband) and I decided to maximize the opportunity and launch a digital marketing consultancy.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you?

NP:  been able to find a balance? I am fortunate to work with my husband which, in our experience, has been wonderful. We respect each other’s roles, and get things done!

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

NP: There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” — Ernest Hemingway

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

NP: I love overcomers! I look to people like Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey for inspiration on how far God can bring you, despite where you come from. Interestingly enough, I am currently seeking professional mentorship right now to help navigate through business.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?

NP: I need my laptop, iPhone, iPad mini, and an old school notepad and pen. When I ‘graduate’ to the next level in my business, I will have a desktop with two monitors (it just makes working so much easier). And, what good is a marketer without a business card and positive energy while networking?

BN:  What is your definition of a BOSS? 


NP: A BOSS let’s her light shine. Not to outshine others, but to give others permission to also shine.






Connect with Nia Perry  on Twitter
@perryfamilymktg LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/pub/nia-perry/1/68/8b1 
 ( Priscilla Williams ) 
learn more about products
and services at 
www.perryfamilymarketing.com



Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured




Comments

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your story with me. I am so encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network