Have you ever looked up and realized you haven’t exercised or picked up an apple in weeks? Do you find yourself answering everything with “I don’t have time”? Omg me too!But truth is: we do have time. We have thesame 24 hours as all the professional powerhouses with the great bodies that we admire. It’s easy to say well they don’t have a 3 year old, or they aren’t in school full time, or they live right across from the gym. Those are called EXCUSES! Let them go. Because think about it, we make time for what we truly want! So do you truly desire to live a healthy lifestyle?Do you truly desire to fit in that dress you bought 6 months ago? Exercise is not easy, but neither is being overweight. Choose your struggle. Below are 5 tips to help you eliminate you excuse and begin a life towards a healthier, happier you!
1. Early bird gets the worm! Wake up early. If you already get up at the crack of the dawn then it sounds like you need to set that alarm back another 30 minutes. I’m not telling you to run a 10k before work every morning. But I am saying that exercise is the absolute best way to start your day right after prayer. Morning workouts have been proven to increase your focus throughout the day. *Don’t forget to drink at least 8-16 oz of water upon
2. You don’t need to be in the gym for 2 hours!!!! Did you know that 20 minutes of TABATA can speed up your metabolism and help your body burn more fat? Tabata: performing one exercise at a time for 8 rounds on a 20/10 split. blast: Stretch well first. Ice skaters, squats, v ups, mountain climbers, forearm 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. TRY THIS 20 min total body plank. No equipment needed. Perfect for early risers.
3. Include your family. Whether you’re going to bring the kids or make it a date, including loved ones is a great way to keep you accountable. If you don’t have a sitter, take the kids for a walk, find a fitness center with a daycare, go always choosing dinner. Make a healthy meal at home then go bowling or find a groupon for a trampoline park, just stay active!! Excuses don’t burn roller-skating, bike riding, etc. Switch up your family outings, instead of
4. Plan ahead! You are always stopping at Panera and Chipotle because you never prep your meals. That’s $10 a day, probably 3-4x a week. Do you know what I can do with $40 at a grocery store??!! You complain that healthy food is too expensive but have never tried turkey bacon wrapped asparagus or egg muffins! Listen, pick a day during the week (Sunday for me) where you have spinach gives you strength, salmon builds muscle, grapefruit burns fat, etc. Get your Tupperware containers from Walmart, get some sandwich bags for your fruit like grapes and apple slices, don’t forget a huge water bottle and you’re good to go! Become a meal prep pro and be the inspiration for your 2 hours set aside to cook your meals for the week. Think of food as fuel:
5. Commercial break workouts: You will schedule time to watch Empire, Scandal and all of your shows but still haven’t penciled in your workouts! Priorities people!! You need to exercise like your life depends on it, because it does. So I have a solution! Every commercial break you need to be doing some form of physical exercise. Each break is about five minutes right? 50 jumping jacks, 20 triceps dips, 15 lunges, 50 Russian twists. Your next physical your doctor will be so impressed at how well you’re doing that he will ask your secret. Just say you got bodied by.