BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Concept Mentor" Yvetta Thompson

Yvetta ThompsonFounder of Youthful Resources, Inc., Youth Resource Coalition, and Thompson Resources, LLC. Being a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and confidant.She manages to  balance that time with being a volunteer, life coach, and supervisor. A CEO, an a lover of life filled with faith and believer in our purpose in life. 

TheBOSSSpotlight: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? Some of the obstacles that presented themselves at the start of my business were my fear of talking about money and financial planning, being a full time employee while raising a family, and not knowing where to go to get the business started and launched. Self doubt regarding what I could offer to inner city youth and their parents also plagued me at times. That very same doubt became my fire and motivation to move forward to believe that I could achieve anything I set my mind to do.strive to create synergy between my personal and professional life. Having a plan and/or routine in my personal life allows me to be equally successful in my professional life. The synergy surely did not happen overnight! Everything might not always go as planned, but you quickly know how to maintain the momentum and keep the ball rolling.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

YT: I was inspired to start the non profit business after being a volunteer with several youth groups in my hometown. I said,I don't know about money, good health, or goal planning, there has to be others that don't know some of these core values of life also"I thoroughly enjoy helping youth believe in their dreams and creating a roadmap to success.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?


YT: I strive to create synergy between my personal and professional life. Having a plan and/or routine in my personal life allows me to be equally successful in my professional life. The synergy surely did not happen overnight! Everything might not always go as planned, but you quickly know how to maintain the momentum and keep the ball rolling.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?


YT:  Zig Ziglar ­” I have too many flaws to be perfect, but I have too many blessings to be ungrateful way”

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

YT: My grandparents and my mom were influential in my life. As an adult I was able to ask questions that helped me move forward to build a legacy for my children and my children's children. My husband is my mentor and wants the best for me.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?


YT: I must have: A positive, Productive tribe, a great mentor for my personal growth and lastly, I need my Daily Greatness Journal and daily devotions to help obtain a spiritual and visual connection to my passion and purpose in my day to day life.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

YT: My definition of a BOSS is someone who can make a positive impact on her peers and others during her lifetime, enjoy learning and sharing information to help others prosper, also professional, confident, and classy while delivering their products or services and believes all things are possible for you and for herself!




 Be sure to follow  Yvetta Thompson on Twitter: @ygtresources & Facebook: Youth Resource Coalition



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network