BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Photo Lady" Tiffany Redden

Tiffany Redden, LadyRedd Creations Photography opened in December 2009. Since then, Tiffany has taken photos at several events, to include weddings, portraits, boudoir photos a book launch and more. But while pursuing a degree at the Art Institute of Washington, she has discovered a new passion for capturing the beauty in the moment.
 
TheBOSSNetwork:  What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 
 
Tiffany Redden: As a US Army Veteran, I have a strict sense of priorities, to include God, Family, Friends. In the beginning , the finances and the time was not particularly on my side to pursue my own business. My husband and children needed me in a different way then, but now, things have changed and the kids have grown up just a bit, so now I have more time to go after my dream and build my business, one photo at a time.

BN:  What inspired you to break into your particular industry? 
 
TR: As a child, I always wanted to be a "Super Hero"; once I discovered my love for photography, I found my "superpower"! I can "Freeze Time"! That special moment, I can make it stand still.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
 
TR: Being married to my wonderful husband, makes me so happy; he keeps me grounded and balanced between my business and my personal life!

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
 
TR: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me" from the Bible, the World English Bible version.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
 
TR: My family has always supported and encouraged me, as well as my friends, Tanya Barnett, Marcie Leggett, among many others. Professionally, my mentors, Wanda Lewis and Trey Copelin are amazing. I've also had some phenomenal teachers at the Art Institute of Washington.(they really forced my creativity to go beyond the limits)
 
BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
 
TR: I have a strange "must have" for a photo shoot... I must have Wrigley's Chewing Gum! That, along with my camera gear and great lighting.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS
 
TR: BOSS: more than just a leader, but the head, the top, the cream of the crop of what they do all while constantly striving to improve, grow and dominate; one who can be their best while encouraging others to reach their personal best as well.

 
 
 
Be sure to follow  Tiffany Redden on Twitter @ladytredd and check out her products and services at ladyreddcreationsphotography.org
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC