BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Media Mogul" Dymeata Burum

Dymeata Burum, A Gary, Indiana native, who has served in ministry for nearly 24 years. After high school, she continued her education at Indiana University Northwest studying Business Administration. Discovering her entrepreneurial gifts, Dymeata who has become a social media mogul in the online community- is the Founder and Owner of Bold Publications, bBold in the City, bBold Cosmetics, and Dress 2 Slay Boutique. Dymeata is the published author of “Winning Confessions of a DIVA”. She understands that Entrepreneurs are those who don’t just talk about what they want in life, but they GET UP and DO IT! Dymeata plans to create a way for other women to be able to embrace the idea that “anything” is possible, and also showing them how to profit from the things that they love to do.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

Dymeata Burum: One of my greatest obstacles overcoming the opinions of other people. When God gives you a dream or vision, It is imperative that you eliminate all dream killers and momentum stealers. It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make. Another obstacle I had to overcome was not allowing the lack of resources to dictate my dream for success. 

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

DB: My daughters inspired me to start my business. I want them to be inspired and believe that if their mommy did it, they can do it too. 

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? 

DB: Although it wasn't easy in the beginning, I have practiced balancing out what's important with what's very important. Everything and everyone can not be a priority. My family is my first priority. 

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

DB: "Excuses are for the uncommitted."

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

DB: Oprah Winfrey, Lisa Price( The creator of Carol's Daughter) & First Lady Michelle Obama

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? 

DB: I MUST HAVE my iPhone in order to keep my businesses running virtually. My customers and clients will always be served in excellence. I MUST HAVE time for "ME" in order to be effective in my community, to my family, and in my business.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS

DB: The definition of a BOSS to me is someone who is BOLD enough to take risk, stand out, and stand up in spite of their oppositions, in order to reach success. 


Be sure to follow Dymeata Burum on  Twitter @DymeataB &
Instagram @dymeatab Be sure to check out her products and services at  
www.dymeatab.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC