BOSS Spotlight: Meet "High Growth Business Strategist" Velma Trayham

Velma Trayham, Experience in marketing and business development, Houston-based Velma Trayham offers expertise in brand building, strategic public relations and high-profile events. She currently serves as Founder & CEO of ThinkZILLA PR &Consulting Group, with locations in Houston, and Beverly Hills, California. Deemed as one of the leading go-to firms for small business, faith based and corporate branding, Velma’s award-winning firm utilizes her extensive academic credentials and countless successes to create customized and inspired campaigns and high-impact results. Her media placements have landed feature coverage in such print and online publications as Bloomberg Business, Wall Street Journal,Travel Weekly, Jet, CNN.com and WND.com; as well as client appearances on The Yolanda Adams Morning Show, Oprah’s Life You Want Tour and The WORD Network.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Velma Trayham: Some of the obstacles I faced in the beginning were mainly overcoming fear and authenticity of who god created me to be while not falling into” the look “of mirroring a corporate image. I was able to quickly overcome fear when I learned to whom I belonged to and where my blessings would come from. In addition I was able to find out what my purpose In life was by having a relationship with God. When I began to walk in my purpose, boldness came and fear disappeared.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

VT: I was fortunate enough to build and sell multiple companies of my own from a Luxury Hair Extension Salon, An Income Tax Franchise Business, liquor Store, Trucking Company, Medical clinic and this list goes on. I failed many times but what this did was teach me all the things that didn’t work. I had no corporate experience in fact I only worked 2 jobs for a very short period of time in my entire life. I had no choice but to learn. I realized I’d mastered the art of what I call “Succeeding in Failing. (tm) My failures were an opportunity to help others succeed. This is the epitome of what inspired me to break into my perspective field.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

VT: I have a very unique formula I’ve been able to use as a balance in my personal and professional life. I learned to realize that we have much time to do the things we need to do, but what most people lack is a clear direction. My formula is starting each day in prayer and meditation in doing so, I’m gain very clear direction. I don’t waste time on things and people that are undeserving of it. If the task does not align with my life purpose I turn many opportunities down in doing so I have more than enough time to balance my business and personal life. In addition I consider myself a great leader, I train my team to be effective and think on the magnitude in which I do. That helps also.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

VT:You can get anything in life that you want IF you would just help enough people get what they want.

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

VT: I was mentored by World Renowned Business Strategist Alan AP Powell and books by Dale Carnegie and one most recent one by Juanita Bynum “ Between The Sheets has helped me tremendously

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?

VT: Prayer, Forgiveness, Meditation,Tithing, and helping as, many people as I can along the way. I live not for money but for purpose and the money continues to come abundantly

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

VT: A BOSS is someone whom is about their fathers business. BOLD,OPTIMISTIC, SPIRITUALLY- LED, STRATEGIST,



Be sure to check Velma Trayham on Instagram @Velma_Trayham and Twitter @Velma_Trayham and check out her products and services at www.itsthinkzilla.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network