BOSS Spotlight: Meet the "Queen Motivator" Saloan Rochelle

Saloan Rochelle, Owner of Queen Agenda and Shot By SR (Photography). Graduating from North Carolina A&T State University with a Bachelors in Public Relations, Saloan decided to use her education and experiences from her journey to help women recognize the power in themselves and the power in never giving up. Her goal is to show women that no matter their past, their profession or path they're currently traveling, they are still Queens and should always should be respected and addressed as such. 

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Saloan Rochelle: There were a few obstacles I faced in the beginning, but the biggest one was self-doubt. I use to have the tendency to come up with ideas and not execute. I guess it was due to fear of failing. I kept thinking that I wasn't going to have enough support to actually sustain when the reality was, I actually had a ton of support waiting on me to actually execute. Sometimes we second guess ourselves, not realizing that never getting started is actually the failure. Soon enough, I built my confidence, jumped in head first and have been growing ever since. 

BN:  What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

SR: I wish I could pin point what I was feeling when I designed my logo and came up with the first idea, I feel like God just moved me into this direction with my my journey and things I experienced along the way. I don't know why I started at the time ( 2011). To be honest, the purpose really did not start defining itself until 2015. I am the only child, my best friends have huge families with majority being sisters. Maybe longing for sisterhood has always been suppressed in my sub-conscience. My experience with women as a child was so positive and I feel like we need that feeling now seeing as though there are so many negative images in media when it comes to the way women interact with each other. 

BN:  How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

SR: Balancing my personal and professional hasn't been too challenging. I have so many supportive people around me, my boyfriend Rel being one. He's always encouraging me to be the best and to stop doubting myself. It's like he see's superwoman in me in the times where I feel inadequate. He's been a big help as well as my parents, his family and my friends. It's easy to balance the two when there are people around you rooting you on. 

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

SR: "Don't be the girl that isn't true to her word." - #bossbabe

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

SR: All of my sisters of course ( they know who they are). My mother Sandra  & my boyfriend's mother, Dionne have been super encouraging. These women are so strong that I wish to be half the woman that they are. I also have to mention Cassandra who helped me execute the vision when I hardly even knew what I was doing and my friend Tibias who put the battery in my back to start up my business again after a long break. 

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?

SR: Confidence is the most important. If I don't have faith in my business, then everyone else's faith and support in it would be shaky. If you believe that what you're doing is real and necessary, those who meet you will feel the same. 

BN: .What is your definition of a BOSS?

SR: A boss is not someone who just calls the shots, it is someone who is respected because they treat the one's around them with equal respect. A  boss encourages those around them or working for their company to believe that they are bosses in their own right as well, no matter if they just so happen to be working for someone else. When it comes to a team, no one person is the most important piece. Everyone plays a part and whatever they contribute to that business, they're the boss of that. 



Be sure to follow Saloan Rochelle on Twitter  @SaloanRochelle Instagram @SaloanRochelle and check out her products and services at www.queenagenda.com 


Attachments area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network