BOSS Spotlight: Positive Psychology with Dr. Toya K Wilson



Dr. Toya K. Wilson is a Positive Psychology expert from Chicago, IL. She specializes in the use of both ancient and modern techniques such as meditation, mindfulness, energy healing, and knowledge of Self to help individuals, companies, and communities heal. Her guiding belief is that everyone can live a happy life!

1. What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

A: When I first began the process of starting my business, my largest obstacle was requiring payment for my services. I believe that happiness and peace of mind is everyone’s birthright so it seem counter intuitive to charge clients for it.

2. What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

A: Being from the south side of Chicago and working in the Englewood area, I was surrounded by crime, depression, and dysfunction. But through it all, people naturally reached out to me seeking answers and I enjoyed watching people heal through my “work”, so I built a career around helping people live happier lives.

3. How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

A. I live by the mantra that when Toya’s good, the whole world is good! I take care of me first. By living this way, my professional life flows naturally and i’m able to operate at peak performance and stay balanced.

4.What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

A. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success! If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. ~Herman Cain

5. Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
A. I have a mixed bag of influencers who encouraged me along the way ranging from my mother Alicia Wilson to Dr. Maya Angelou and  Buddha. 

6.What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
A. Because so much of my business is done online, I must have access to a computer and internet connection. Also, I have to have access to current research in my field so that I can stay in ‘the know’ about current findings and breakthroughs.

7.What is your definition of a BOSS?
A. In my opinion, a BOSS is someone who has found freedom and self-expression through their career. Yes, there’s a cost to being the BOSS, but the reward is the freedom to share your gift with the world on your own terms in your own way. To me, there’s nothing better than being a BOSS,

8. Provide us with two words that describe you? Ex. "Success Coach" "Beauty Expert."
Happiness Coach

Please visit Dr, Toya at www.Drtoyakwilson.com or https://twitter.com/DrToyaK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network