BOSS Spotlight: Kimberly Jones "CEO of Spiritually Provoked"

Kimberly Jones born and raised in Southern California.  She is an Activist, Philanthropist, Wife, Mother, Sister, Friend, President of 5th Amendment Entertainment, VP of Blood Money Entertainment, and Founder and CEO of Spiritually Provoked.
Spiritually Provoked is a celebration of one’s journey in discovering the pleasures of self worth, the power of prayer and finding that inner peace when balancing life’s most taxing roles. Our spiritual journeys resonate with us.
Clarify your life and understand your own compass for where you want to go and who you want to be.
1. What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
Some of the obstacles that I faced in starting my business was fear and putting everyone else’s wants and needs before mine. I would put so much time into taking care of others, I never really had time to stop and focus on starting my business. I absolutely knew that God was calling me to do great things in my life to help and to serve others, however, the fear of how I would accomplish and execute my purpose became a roadblock at times.
2. What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
I currently own an independent record label.  My husband and I stared the label after so many years of doing management in the entertainment industry.  What inspired to start Spiritually Provoked is that I have a love for people.   I was a teenage mother and I have to overcome a tremendous amount of obstacles.  God has done so much for me and has brought me to a level of success in my career that I never imagined I would be.  I just want to inspire and help others accomplish the same.
3. How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
I balance my personal and professional life through spiritual guidance, exercise, and spending time with my family.  I always maintain a prayer life, I involve my family in what I do, and I stay away from negative people so that spirit is not affected. “For to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required,” (Luke 12:48). I live by this scripture because as women, we have so many tasks to complete so I just do what I need to do to get it done. We can do it, that's what we are made of.
4. What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
There are two parts to t this question. One is a quote and the other is scripture:
“These are things we all go through and I think you sort of fine tune it every decade of your life: in your twenties, then in your thirties, and then you redefine it again in your forties and fifties.” Julia Roberts, Eat Love Pray.  
“But see ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
5. Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
I feel like powerful women all over the world influence me.  My aunt who held one of the highest government positions in LA County, Mona Scott-Young, I love that she has expanded her brand to so many different entities of being an entrepreneur. I think my biggest encouragement comes from ministry.
6.What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong?  
My must haves to keep my career or business going are self-discipline and a good sense of direction. Also, never make excuses.  
7. What is your definition of a BOSS?  
A definition of a boss is a leader.  Someone who has authority over their life and a desire to fulfill their purpose in life and actually puts it into action.  A BOSS is aligned with their values and passions.


To find out more on Kimberly, visit her at:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC