BOSS Spotlight Feature: Jacqueline Miller, Founder of Jacqueline DuJour Enterprises, LLC


Jacqueline Miller is CEO and Founder of Jacqueline DuJour Enterprises, LLC.  She is a Life Strategist, who is committed to bridging the gap between high-achieving women, their aspirations for life & career excellence and the leading- edge organizations that are committed to fostering exceptional, diverse work cultures for women.

1.  What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
The greatest obstacles that I faced were the three C’s:  Clarity, Confidence and Cashflow.  I was a successful corporate executive before starting my business, yet I struggled in these areas (primarily with clarity) when beginning my entrepreneurial journey. Another common obstacle was fear- fear of change, of abandoning my comfort zone, was at the root of those temporary struggles.

2.  What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
If I was going to become an entrepreneur, I knew that I needed to do what I loved. In my previous role of a human resources executive, I loved coaching people, women in particular, in various areas of their personal lives and career development. Finding healthy harmony (aka balance) in their lives was and remains a challenge for women, especially moms. I was also committed to identifying and maintaining a talented and diverse workforce, while presenting to executive teams the business and social justification for the existence of one. Having taken my leap of faith into entrepreneurship, in addition to developing career strategies for women in the 9-5 space, I am also able to help aspiring entrepreneurs examine the possibilities of becoming their own boss. The lack of leadership skills and self-confidence can lead to substantial roadblocks for high-achieving women in business. I am committed to a mission that is focused on having more women succeeding, whether in a corporate setting or in businesses of their own. Instead of working a 9-5 and building someone else’s dream, I have been afforded the opportunity to do what I love, build my own and empower other women to do the same.

3. How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
Rather than seek balance, which I believe to be nearly impossible to find, because something or someone generally ends up shortchanged, I prefer to seek what I call healthy harmony. I believe that it is possible to be, do, and have it all. However, I realistically acknowledge that not all three can occur simultaneously, nor can they occur without regularly using a 4-letter word: H-E-L-P.

4.  What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
“Comparison is the thief of Joy.”  - Theodore Roosevelt
My goal is to achieve success by excelling in the areas in which I have expertise, not to compare or to be in competition with anyone. Engaging in the latter causes distractions. If you do not minimize your distractions, your distractions will minimize your opportunities for success.

5. Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
I have been mentored and coached by some amazing people along my journey; far too many to name.  However, two of my greatest role models have been my mother and maternal grandmother. They taught me the importance of values, hard work, and a strong spiritual foundation. They reminded me often that the world owes me nothing and that if I wanted something, I needed to go out and get it. All of these lessons have been beneficial to my personal and business successes.

6.  What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong?
I must have a “no quit” mindset, while employing outside support when necessary, a desire to expand my knowledge continuously, a willingness to explore new business opportunities, and the tenacity to remain focused on the results that I produce for my clients, not simply on my resume.

 7.  What is your definition of a BOSS?
A woman who knows what she wants and who pursues it - unapologetically. She seeks to live a life by design, not default. While a cheering squad and a tribe of supporters are always beneficial, she is equipped to go it alone if she has to. A real BOSS unequivocally believes that sisterhood is more than a hashtag and is open to offer a hand up when the opportunity presents itself.  She also understands and believes that when one of us wins, we all win.

8. Provide us with two words that describe you?
Success Strategist


To find out more about Jacqueline Miller, visit her at:

Twitter: @mogulmomdujour

Website: www.jacquelinedujour.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network