Remember Why You Started by Sharice Bradford

Everyone has various reasons why they became an entrepreneur, or started a business or chose a particular field in life.  There is something behind the decisions we make or made that led us to where we are today or where we are trying to go.  There are also times however when you want to quit, when you question your decisions and when you feel like giving up.  Don’t! Ultimately, it is important to remember why you started. 

For me I always wanted more out of life.  Working the good government job was not all that this life had for me.  God wanted more for me and most importantly, I wanted more.  The road to entrepreneurship is not easy.  There are many bumps on the road.  There were times when I questioned my decisions, there were times when I was afraid of investing in myself, what if I needed that money, but ultimately, God continues to remind me that I have never failed, and that God is always there. I also had to remember why I started. 


On this road to entrepreneurship, and work/life, remember why you started.  Remember what made you happy about the work that you do.  Remember how you felt when you took that first step.  The fear mixed with exhilaration.  That feeling as if you were on top of the world, that feeling that made you proud of yourself.  And every time fear or doubt arises, feel it and then move one step closer to your goal.   Feel the fear and then move.  Whenever you feel those moments of frustration, or that it is too hard, remember why you started and keep pushing toward your goal.  You can do it!  

Learn more about Sharice Bradford via her website at www.structuredsoulwellness.org and follow her on Twitter @CoachSharice7

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder!�� I'll have to keep it in my back pocket for when I have one of those hard days that all entrepreneurs face - the kind that makes me question why I chose & continue to choose this path!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC