Don't Drink the Poison - It Never Works! By "BOSS Influencer" Tana Session

"Holding on to a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"  - Unknown


Have you ever wondered why some people in our lives tend to hold on to grudges? I most certainly have. I think some people just need something to "do" and something to vent to friends and family about, while not discussing it directly with the person they are holding a grudge against. How unhealthy is that? It is such a waste of time and prevents you from receiving the blessings the universe has waiting for you. When you're busy holding on to grudges, your hands are not free and open to receiving blessings. Why let people live for FREE in your head and heart space? Just know your career, business, relationships and finances will suffer as a result of this blockage - and this is a PRIME example of an internal blockage. Bad energy scares success and money away!

I recently experienced this scenario in my own life. Here I am minding my business, living my best life, and focusing on building my business and servicing my clients, and BOOM! I find out someone close to me has been holding on to a couple of grudges for 2 - 3 years!! What a waste of their time and happiness!! After FINALLY sharing with me the feelings they had been holding on to for so long, I was not only shocked, but also felt an extreme amount of sadness for this person. I didn't know what she wanted me to do with that energy after she decided to release it, so all I could do was express how sorry I am she didn't feel she could have come to me sooner, especially since we communicate on a fairly regular basis. I also expressed my continued love for her and wished her only the best. I think my reaction was not what she expected, and she left the conversation saying it was "water under the bridge". But how can that be?? At this late juncture, if it truly was, she would not have held on to those feelings for 2+ years and THEN decide to bring it up. Am I right...or am I right? I truly hope she feels better now that she has {hopefully} truly let those feelings go. She is FREE!!! And I will continue to live my best life!


The key takeaway here is communication is so very important. If you find yourself in this situation, give yourself some time to calm down (NOT YEARS) and then pick up the phone or meet for coffee/lunch, and have a true heart-to-heart conversation!! You will find most people do not purposely set out to hurt people - at least that's what I need to believe about mankind. Misunderstandings, miscommunication, lack of communication, assumptions and presumptions have ruined too many relationships, partnerships, careers, businesses and marriages...in most cases, unnecessarily.


As we enter Spring 2018, now is a good time to do some Spring cleaning of your heart space and emotional space. Are there grudges you have been holding on to? Please do yourself a favor and give yourself permission to get over it! Truly forgive and move on and be ready for the blessings that will rain down on you once that blockage has been cleared. I know this may be easier said than done in some cases, but stop drinking the poison…it never works out in your favor.




To find out more about Tana Session, visit her at:
Instagram: @tanamsession








Comments

  1. Wow! I love this post because lately I have been holding on to my feelings and protecting the other individual, not realizing I am hurting myself while I make it seems as if it’s okay.

    I really pray I will get up very soon speak my MIND AGAIN but this time make a sound decision because only God knows how my heart cries.

    Great post and I will definitely be checking out your other posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network