BOSS Spotlight Feature: Sharon Smith

Sharon Smith is a natural negotiator and a self-professed romantic. Her genuine interest in people combined with her unmatched passion for helping singles find lasting love exposes her to willing participants everywhere she goes. 

In addition to being the founder of Love Match, Sharon is also a Certified Dating Coach. Her savvy coaching approach in areas of love, life, and relationships enable singles to feel confident in areas where they were doubtful before. Holding a B.S in Business Management and Human Resources, she has a successful professional career spanning over 20 years in Human Resources where she cultivates her expertise in interviewing candidates, assessing talent, and personnel development.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? Some obstacles I faced in the beginning process of starting my HR career, was learning to be patient. I thought no one could perform better than me, but climbing the Corporate ladder takes patience.
What inspired you to break into your particular industry? I am a hopeless romantic. God blessed me with the love of my life and I want every single person who has a desire to meet the love of their life to experience true love without all the drama.
How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? I make time for my family. I also include my husband on everything...every event so he doesn't feel excluded. We also have a designated day, we call family time.
What is an inspirational quote that you live by? Leave a little Sparkle wherever you go.
Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? My parents always encouraged me. I also have a small but AMAZING circle of friends. I also admire people who work hard to accomplish their dream and when they do, it just motivates to continue on my journey.
What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? To know that someone walks away feeling empowered. It's not about the number of people or the appearance, but the impact. To know that I have made a difference in someone’s life. This is a must-have for me to continue walking in my purpose and for my business to remain strong.
What is your definition of a BOSS? Being your own person, loving who you are. It's not always about money or status quo, but walking in confidence with a mindset that I can do anything. That's a BOSS!
Provide us with two words that describe you? Dating Expert

Learn more about Sharon Smith at
www.datecoachsharon.com Twitter: @CoachDate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC