Brilliant and Built For Success Part 2 by Dr. Catrina Pullum

When we begin to break our barriers, we have to look as deeply inside of ourselves as we do at our circumstances and the people around us. If you are reading these words right now, you may have lived through some things, or be living in some things, some situations, that have left you hopeless. You’ve given up along the way. If you are shackled to shame from missteps and mistakes from your past, break that barrier. Become one of the faithful few that reclaims your strength, and who believes that nothing can stop you.
This is so much bigger than you—than us. We have a weighty responsibility on our shoulders to look beyond our local and reach into our global, God-given purpose. This is about our vision for our children, families, and community. Our legacies. There is no barrier that should be strong enough to hold us back.
In February of 2017, I was hospitalized with a traumatic brain injury. With my family at my side, the doctors told me that based on the severity of my condition, I am not supposed to be here. I should not have my memory or the capacity to care for myself. Yet within days, I was running my business from my hospital bed.
I live a life where I don’t take “no” for an answer. Sometimes we must push into our purpose, despite the storms that are cascading around us. When we break our barriers, we understand that there is nothing, even the threat of an untimely and unexpected illness, or the most detrimental events that life can throw our way, that can derail us from purpose and what God has for us. There will always be a struggle, an adversary, something or someone else to fight. But there is no barrier that you cannot break.  
As entrepreneurs, my husband and I have made our fair share of mistakes, and we’re guaranteed to make many more. But what we’ve realized, and what we want you to know too, is that success is a journey—not a destination. There will be roadblocks along the way. There will be challenges and obstacles to overcome. We will all fall down at some point, but we keep moving. We keep pushing. We keep pressing.
What we know is that we were built for this type of success. The kind of success that comes with struggle. The kind of success that we have to fight for. We are predisposed for resiliency and faith that often surpasses understanding. We have that in us. That is our priceless inheritance. And we must recognize it, live it, and pass it on. Particularly to our children.
Develop a mind for success so that you refuse to allow anything to block your vision or create a wedge between you and your purpose. You were built for this. This fight for your success. This stretch for your next level.
Learn more about Dr. Catrina via her website www.drcatrinapullum.com (personal) www.pullcorp.com or www.coe4youth.org(business) and follow her on Twitter @drpullum (personal) and @pullcorpmedia & @centerofempower (business)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC