BOSS Spotlight Feature: LaKeisha Shauntae

LaKeisha Shauntae, Founder & CEO of LaShaé Beauty, LLC. I started as a freelance makeup artist who decided to step out on faith; pursue her dream and launch her own cosmetic line. LaShaé Beauty is a cosmetic and beauty brand that launched in August 2019. Stay Glam and Feel Glamorous! 

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

I started my business on nothing but Faith and invested what I had (which wasn’t much) into my business. My biggest obstacle was Fear; once I let that go and start focusing on a BOSS mindset everything started to come together. 


What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

I have been in Corporate America for over 20 years. My last employer decided to send our jobs overseas which means that we were going to get the pink slip. I was able to find another position within the company, but it still felt like something was missing. I have always had a passion for the beauty industry; I started as a freelance makeup artist many years ago and wanted to take it to the next level, so I decided to pursue my dream and launch my own cosmetic line “LaShaé Beauty” this year.   


How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance?

I try to balance my entrepreneur life by working while everyone is at work or school but that seems not to work the majority of the time. If I see an opportunity during my outings with the family that may require a wait time(downtime) then that’s my clue to pick up my cellphone or laptop and work. I am still trying to find that balance because everyone wants your attention. You just know when it’s time to close the laptop.  


What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

God Is Within Her, She Will Not Fall-Psalm 46:5


Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

Cameka Smith has always been very influential and encouraging. I always wanted to be part of The BOSS Network, but I knew I wasn’t ready. When I finally took the leap in July of this year and started planning for my business things started to happen. When I won the first “BOSS Membership” to The BOSS Network” it was nothing but confirmation that it was my time and season. 


What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? 

Always God First! Having the best quality products and packaging on the market to set me apart. Excellent Customer Service, Relationship Building, Thinking Outside of the Box, Open to Feedback (rather it is positive or negative) and Networking. 


What is your definition of a BOSS?

A BOSS takes control of their own life, trust themselves well enough to pursue what they love and doing that with beauty and brains. They are classy, creative, knowledgeable, passionate and empowered. They will also build up other BOSSes. Last but not least, a BOSS will trust the process even the highs and the lows.  


Provide us with two words that describe you? Boss Savvy

Find out more about LaKeisha at
www.lashaebeauty.com Twitter: @LaShaeBeautyXO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network