BOSS Spotlight Feature: Chrissy Gousman

At the age of 12, Chrissy was cooking in the kitchen with Chefs at her Church (Trinity UCC).
Chef Chrissy has been featured on WGN Chicago's Sunday Brunch news segment and has served Coldwell Banker, Burrell Communications, high profile judges/attorneys, and NBA Referees. Fork Fantasy started in 2019 by Chef Chrissy G. who has been cooking for over 20 years.


1. What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
In the beginning, I had to figure out what I could do to bring customers my way as a new business. What could I do differently than others weren't doing?

2. What inspired you to break into your particular industry? My grandmother used to have a soul food restaurant and my mother was an amazing cook also, but she made more non-traditional meals. Everyone LOVED their food and it always brought people together. I wanted to make people feel how they did but on another level.

3. How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? I had to learn how to set time aside for my daughter and myself. In the beginning, it was easy because business was steady but slower. As my company grew I found that I had limited time with my daughter and I didn't want to miss important moments, by her being so young. I started taking off time just for us because why work so hard if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor with the most important person in your life. I had to learn time management.

4. What is an inspirational quote that you live by? I live by the quote "Everything happens for a reason". Good or bad, there is something to be learned by the experiences you go through. Take a deeper look at what's being shown.

5. Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? My mother worked so hard to establish a name for herself. She was very well respected in her field of nursing and never gave up. After she passed away I knew I had a big responsibility because I had to continue her legacy and make her smile from heaven. My God Parents Carole and Michael Jacobs also took on a huge role by stepping up and never leaving my side after my mother passed away. They supported everything I and my siblings did/do. They prayed for me and believed in me when I felt no one else did. They are my #1 fans and it makes me go harder knowing I have a strong support system behind me. I have to keep making them proud!

6. What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? My "must-haves" are a positive attitude, staying creative, great customer service, and ambition.

7. What is your definition of a BOSS? My definition of a BOSS is someone who takes a chance to make a difference, no matter how scary it might be. Someone who makes money but stays humble because they know where they came from. A BOSS helps others excel in life by giving them opportunities they wouldn't normally have. A BOSS gives back to those less fortunate, I feel when you are given blessings, you should share with those in need.


8. Provide us with two words that describe you? "Culinary Diva"

Learn more about Chrissy G. (Owner/Executive Chef) at

www.forkfantasy.com

www.facebook.com/forkfantasy


Fork Fantasy Catering
(312)662-2858

Comments

  1. It is really inspiring. You can try altering the style, color, wood type, and other features of the kitchen cabinets to see how they will seem in your design. You can give a new look to your Gray Kitchen Cabinets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC