BOSS Spotlight Feature: Daria Fennell

The Daria Fennell Media Group, the brainchild of  Daria Fennell, a graduate of the University of Maryland at College Park, is an Entertainment Branding, Public Relations,
Publicity, Celebrity Editorial Content,  
 Writing, Editing, and Special Event Design Company with 25 years of experience.



1. What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
As a completely self-taught CEO, Director of PR & Brand Strategy, & Celebrity Entertainment Journalist, it was really rough at the beginning of my career as an Entrepreneur. I lacked the capital to begin my company and I also did not have any Mentors.


2. What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
My family and I have always loved Music and Popular Culture. My Sister Joy & I would know the names of every Producer and every Songwriter who worked on Salt-N-Pepa’s albums.  I also began writing at 10 years old. I love to write.

3. How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
I always make sure to really rest, have fun, and relax on my weekends. 

4. What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
“Nothing can stop me, I’m all the way up…” “All The Way Up" by Fat Joe
& Remy Ma (Featuring Infared & French Montana)

5. Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
I have always been inspired by Terrie Williams, Oprah Winfrey, My Mommy, Master P., My G-Mom, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Congressman John Lewis, & Puff Daddy (a/k/a “Diddy).

6. What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
To keep The Daria Fennell Media Group running strong, I must have my android smartphone, my HP laptop, my sour gummi bears, my music, my Godiva chocolate, my Reese’s cups, my crabs (I’m D.C. born & Prince George’s County, MD raised;-), and my hair done. 

7. What is your definition of a BOSS?
My definition of a BOSS is someone who blesses others while living their personal and professional dreams. They also always treat people like they want to be treated.

8. Provide us with two words that describe you? Dream Amplifier

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network