BOSS Member Spotlight: Natasha Enos

Natasha Enos is the owner and CEO of T'ayana's Scrubs and More, she is also the owner and Director of New Destiny Academy. Natasha Enos is a loving mother of 4 and wife. She started her scrub business 2 years ago to give grace, style, and comfort to those in different fields who wear scrubs. My goal is to have everyone looking and feeling good while wearing scrubs.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? One of the obstacles I had to face was finding the right vendor to work with, I wanted my scrubs to be fashionable and comfortable and to make a statement. Another obstacle I had to face was funding and finding investors, so I started using my own money to get started. It was difficult because having a family of 6 and with other bills was definitely a challenge.


What inspired you to break into your industry? My previous job working in the medical field for 15 years inspired me to start my own scrub business. I have always wanted to share my inspiration for being fashionable at work while wearing scrubs. 


How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance? Balancing my personal and professional life is making sure that I manage my time accordingly. Writing down meetings, appointments, etc, me and my husband have 4 kids and family time is very important to us. I try to schedule everything and have a plan and make sure it is written down on my calendar and also have it saved on my phone.


What is an inspirational quote that you live by? Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them. (Madam CJ Walker) If you want it you have to go get it and work for it.


Who is one influential person and/or mentor who has helped or encouraged you along the way? I would have to say my husband has been there for me and giving me advice when needed when it comes to my vision and he is always willing to help me. My oldest daughter has always been there for me too. She always lends a helping hand. My family has been very supportive also.


What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong? My must-haves are Praying, talking to God, me time, and family time.


What is your definition of a BOSS? A BOSS is someone that is a leader, who makes things happen for themselves and also paves the way for others.


Provide us with two words that describe you? Fashionista Intellectual


Learn more about Natasha at:


Website: www.tayanasscrubsandmore.com


Instagram: www.instagram.com/enos.natasha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network