The Law of Confession: Speak Life Over Your Business by Niehla O.

Niehla O.
spent over 20 years in the fashion and beauty industry but decided to pivot into an industry that helps people look good on the inside. After a chance encounter with a tasty green hummus blend, a late-night craving led her to begin mixing unique hummus flavors of her own. Her goal is to continue to spread love and hummus throughout our community.

As entrepreneurs, we spend a lot of time talking about business plans, marketing strategies, revenue goals, and networking. But one of the most powerful tools I’ve used in my entrepreneurial journey doesn’t cost a thing:

My Words.

The Law of Confession is the principle of intentionally speaking in agreement with what you believe and what you are trusting God to do, even when your current circumstances look completely different.

And let me be clear: This is something I CONSTANTLY have to remind myself of.

There are days when business is slow, money is tight, an opportunity falls through, or I simply feel overwhelmed. In those moments, it’s easy to start speaking from what I see:

“Business is terrible.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to make it.”

“Nothing is working.”

But I have learned to be extremely careful about what I allow to come out of my mouth when speaking over my life and my business.

Proverbs 18:21 reminds us that “death and life are in the power of the tongue.”

I believe that.

And I’ve experienced great success using this principle in the past. There have been seasons when my circumstances said one thing, but I continued confessing something greater.

I spoke growth before I could see growth.

I spoke abundance when resources looked scarce.

I spoke opportunities before the doors opened.

I spoke success over ideas that were still just dreams.

That doesn’t mean I simply said positive things and waited for something magical to happen. Confession must be accompanied by action. I prayed, spoke what I believed, worked, prepared, pivoted, and remained open to the wisdom God gave me along the way.

That combination changed how I moved.

When you continually speak defeat, eventually you begin operating like someone who expects to lose. But when your words are rooted in faith, possibility, and purpose, you begin moving differently.

You walk into the meeting differently.

You send the email differently.

You negotiate differently.

You show up differently.

So when business gets difficult, I remind myself: Niehla, watch your mouth.

I can acknowledge that something is challenging without declaring defeat over myself.

Instead of saying, “My business is failing,” I can say, “This is a challenging season, but God is giving me the wisdom to navigate it.”

That is the Law of Confession in action.

Speak life over your business. Speak confidently about where you’re going. Then put your faith, preparation, and work behind those words.

Your circumstances may tell you what is happening today, but they do not get to dictate what you believe about tomorrow.

With flavor and favor,

Niehla O.

Your Favorite Homegirl ðŸ’›

Learn more about Niehla O. at www.homegirlshummus.com 

-Threads: @homegirlshummus

-Instagram:  @homegirlshummus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

The Mess You Leave Behind: Honoring Their Legacy with a Personalized Memorial by Tammecia Smith

BOSS Member Spotlight: Marcia Cox