Bringing Out Succeful Sisters: Influencers Event Re-Cap by Jamie Fleming

You might be thinking “What does Bringing Out Successful Sisters mean?” [Answer: That's The BOSS Network's acronymn] or ‘What the heck does The BOSS Network have to do with Feel Good Fridays?’ or Well, let me tell you how.

I attended the “Inspired By Influencers” event this past Wednesday. It was a very inspirational and motivational event, and it was great to be in the presence of so many fabulous, successful and friendly women.
Each of the Influencers honored answered the question, “What makes you a BOSS?” Several of the answers pertained to being supportive of others (particularly women) and just helping another sister along the way. I was very impressed by the fact that these highly successful, renowned women felt it was important to reach back and pull another sister up with her. And really, that’s what The BOSS Network is: Brining Out Successful Sisters. That is Cameka’s (the founder) vision for the brand and business, and I think it’s being accomplished.

At the event, I never felt like the women there were judging me or sizing me up; they were all really friendly and wanted to get to know everyone in attendance. And ya’ll know we women have a bad reputation about when we get together, but it was nothing like that– and that was so refreshing! There were just professional, classy, beautiful women coming together to be inspired, motivated, network a little and have some fun.

So, I think the lesson here is simple: Let’s support each other. No, that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to tell another sister all your “secrets of success.” But if she wants to know how you became successful in your field, don’t be afraid to share that info with her. Although I’m not a huge writer or anything, women come to me with questions about what I do, and I don’t hesitate to help in any way I can. Yeah, she may want to be a freelance writer too, which could ultimately mean competition, but I don’t really see it that way. To me, there’s enough space for each and every one of us; I don’t think me helping her is diminishing what I do. Basically, the point I’m trying to make is this: Be encouraging, be supportive, and don’t be afraid to share information, resources, etc.

Let’s be there for each other, and help each other out!


Comments

  1. We are excited to have Jamie on the BOSS ambassador team. It was so great to meet her and other BOSS ladies in person in Atlanta. She is also a great support with our monthly newsletters so if you need writing assistance she is your BOSS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC