Check Out Featured BOSS Member Tali Bomani

I have spent the last hour or so reading the profiles that are on the BOSS blog.  I have to admit that my first reaction was “I think someone made a mistake when they sent me an e-mail invitation to join BOSS”.  The majority of the women who are profiled on the blog are movers and shakers.  I am a local jewelry artist who currently has a very small clientele that consists of women who are definitely not celebrity types.  I am certainly not modest about my talents as a jewelry artist, I think, and have been told by many, that I make beautiful jewelry.  I’m very proud of my talents and accomplishments, but compared to the women of BOSS, I think they pale in comparison.

But just in case there wasn’t a mix-up at the front office, and the invitation was really meant for me, here’s a little background information.

I started making jewelry when I was a teenager, but it was not something that I really focused on because I had a lot of interests.  It wasn’t until six or seven years ago that my interest in jewelry making was reignited.  At first I just made jewelry for myself, but my friends were very impressed with my talents and encouraged me to start a handcrafted jewelry business.  I was responsive to the suggestion because I loved the entire process of making jewelry.  But I knew absolutely nothing about starting a business, so I had to depend on internet searches for information.

It wasn’t long before I had my business license and started doing business as Tali’s Creations.  I started out, and still participate in, shows, exhibitions and other vendor events.  I eventually started doing jewelry parties.  I knew that I had to expand my business to internet sales, so about a year ago I opened  up a studio on the on-line marketplace, ArtFire.  But the majority of my sales are direct sales.  I have an entire line of women’s jewelry that includes individual pieces as well as jewelry sets.  I also do a fair amount of custom orders.  People get a kick out of having a piece of jewelry designed and made especially for them.  But, with the exception of the custom orders, out of all the jewelry I make, I most enjoy making bridal jewelry, and I’m very proud of my bridal collection.  I’m also proud of the breast cancer awareness jewelry collection that I designed in memory of my sister, Sandra, who lost her battle with breast cancer in 1998.  I donate 20% of all breast cancer jewelry sales to the not-for-profit Chicago based breast cancer organization – Sisters Embracing Life.

I decided to join BOSS because I’m very interested in expanding my customer base.  I consider the women of BOSS as members of the target market for my higher end jewelry collection.  I’m looking forward to networking with other BOSS members and participating in BOSS events in the Chicago area.

Tali Bomani
Jewelry Artist and Owner of Tali’s Creations

Website:  http://www.talicreations.artfire.com
Blog:  http://talicreations.blogspot.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/TaliCreations?ref=ts
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/TaliCreations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network