My Suggessted Readings: The Numbers Don't Lie

The BOSS Network

Cameka Smith, Founder

The Numbers Don’t Lie


Click: Ten Truths For Building Extraordinary Relationships, by George C. Fraser, 2007: find ten simple principles that will dispel your dread of networking forever and reveal a proven path to success and happiness.  This book definitely gave me insight to the art of networking.


Do You: 12 Laws To Access The Power In You To Achieve Happiness And Success, by Russell Simmons, 2008: in this book Russell discussed the 12 principles that cover entrepreneurism to living a holistic life.  I was so inspired by his success and how he did not sacrifice his integrity for money.  This book is a must read for someone who is just starting out in business.


The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You, by John C. Maxwell, 2007: in this book you will learn the essentials for being a great leader. John really focuses on leaders as influencers and how to translate that into followers for your business or brand.  It is definitely one of my favorite books.  


10 Steps to Successful Social Networking for Business, by Darin Hartley, 2010: If you are looking to tap into the social media world for your business this is the book for you.  The author comes from a training background and makes it simple to learn how to harness social media to grow your business.  


The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Personal Lessons in Powerful Change, by Stephen R. Covey, 1990: This is a book that I recommend to everyone and I have used it in my teaching and training career.  It changes the way you perceive act and react to things and people.  It has really taught me the value the lesson in mind over matter.

 

Comments

  1. Awesome book recommendations! I'm going to get Russell's Book over the weekend and I think I'll check out the 21 irrefutable Laws. I have the 7 habits and agree with you on this, great book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC