It's Bigger Than You By Melissa Kimble


In business and in life sometimes we can get caught up in how everything affects us. On a day to day basis, we worry about our time, our resources, how this project will turn out, our goals and deadlines - alot of things that involve I, me, my, or mine.

But what if we approached life with the idea that a majority of things that we go through and deal with have nothing to do with us? What if the purpose of everything you went through was to benefit the next person - how would that change your perspective?

Recently I have encountered several losses and at first glance I was discouraged. How would these setbacks make me look as a business woman? Would I be embarrassed? Would people think less of me? How could I explain my shortcomings?
I. Me. My. Mine.

How easy it is to get caught up in the idea of self. But life is not about you. It's bigger than you. At second glance, I realized that these setbacks would only make me look strong because I overcame them and that strength would allow me to help someone else get through the same struggles I've faced. One of the most important things we can do is to help the next person. That action keeps us connected, that connection strengthens our communities, and that strength helps conquer the things we cannot face alone.

So the next time you're faced with opposition, instead of focusing on how it will make you look, try to see how you can use this lesson to help the next person. You'll be surprised at how inspired you will.become.


Melissa Kimble is an Engagement Strategist and the owner of The 3178 Agency and My Creative Connection. Follow her on Twitter @Melissa_Kimble and learn more about her work at www.the3178agency.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC