BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Digital Marketer " China Panion

China Panion is an experienced Digital Marketer that divides her time between working with Enterprise clients at Chicago's SEO Clarity and her Beauty Subscription Box Co. Primp Sweat Shine. When not working she gives back with her online wellness group Soul by the Pound dedicated to empowering women in health.

The BOSS Network: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

China Panion: In the beginning I struggled knowing my niche. When I graduated college I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do I just knew you go to college and
then you find a job. It took a couple unpaid internships to unlock my passion and find the correct career path. This indeed was a challenge of trial and error but it was well worth the journey.


BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

CP: I've always been fond of online engagement. I am obsessed with app's and data so
it was natural to start a career in digital marketing. I am also owner of a
subscription box Primp Sweat Shine. I am a bit of a product junkie, and
after trial and error with health and beauty favorites I decided to launch
Primp Sweat Shine the only subscription box dedicated to the glamour girl
that likes to get dirty in the gym. I figured why not share my favorite
products with subscribers.


BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been
able to find a balance?

CP: My parents are a huge influence on me balancing both. They set high
expectations for me in my professional life, yet they always demand my time
when it comes to spending time with family. They keep me laughing, and
constantly remind me to enjoy life. With that I make it my business to step
away from the laptop and my phone and just enjoy the amazing family and
friends I have.


BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

CPIts so hard to narrow it down to just one. "Between the Promise and the Payoff is the Process" I got that from BOSS Founder Cameka Smith.
"The best thinkers walk  with one foot in reality and the other firmly
planted in the realm of potential"
I got that one from T. D. Jakes, and

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you
along the way?

CP: My grandmothers have and will always be a huge influences in my life. They
were the hardest working women I ever known. I am so thoroughly encouraged
by not only their golden nuggets of wisdom but also their work ethic. I
witness these women move mountains in the most polished and professional
ways possible. Additionally I have some great mentors such as Dequianna Brooks
Jackson,  Cameka Smith, and my boss Tiffany Maloney all who I learned so
much from and gave me great advice.


BN: What are your ?must-haves? to keep your career or business going strong?

CP: Honest people around you is something EVERY business needs. As a business
owner we would love to believe everything is perfect but the realty is you
need those around you that can say "there is a better way" to do things. My
interns and those close to me have no problem telling me areas of
improvement. And I appreciate it because they see something I can't see
which aides me in creating a stronger brand and business.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

CP: A BOSS is one who handles their business whatever it maybe. Whether they
are an employer or an employee they get things done and take ownership to
the best of their ability. She doesn't give excuses but owns every victory
and every mishap. 


Connect with China Panion on Twitter at @chinapanion  Learn more about products and services at http://soulbythepound.org/and http://www.primpsweatshine.com/

Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC