BOSS Spotlight Meet The "Life-Empowerment Coach" Dr. Mimi Johnson


Dr. Mimi Johnson, is Divinely and Purposefully Empowered to teach others Life-Empowerment skills. She is an ordained minister with a Doctor of Ministry Degree, a life-empowerment  coach, and motivational/inspirational speaker. She also has a M.A. in Educational Administration with a  background in Elementary and Special Education. She is married to an awesome husband David, with two fantastic children Quiana Joy and David Aiden II.


The BOSS Network: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
Dr. Mimi Johnson: An obstacle that I faced in the beginning process of starting my business was that I tried to do everything so perfectly.  I wanted a perfect website, perfect business cards, perfect videos, and so on.  Perfection was causing me to not move forward in a timely fashion.  I had to learn that I needed to start somewhere.  You have to crawl before you walk.  I have learned to balance not sweating the small stuff while looking at the bigger picture.
 
 BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

MJ: I was inspired to break into the coaching industry when I began to live an “Empowered” life.  I wanted to share this passion, revelation, and information with others so that they too would live the life they craved!  People came to me for advice and I had a positive impact on them.  Personal growth is extremely invaluable.  I am able to envision great potential in people while emphasizing strong relationships and a balanced life with many interests.  I don’t mind doing the work because I have a gift that I need to share.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

MJ: I balance my personal and private life by remembering my core values of what is top priority in my life.  I always take time for myself.  My family knows that my business is important so we prioritize our family time and events around the business.  My nine year old son told me that it was important for me to attend his first and last basketball games.  I agreed because this was important to him.  Half way into the season, he decided he wanted me to attend another game.  I checked my schedule and worked that middle game in as well.  
 
BN:  What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

MJ: The inspirational quote that I live by is:  The mind is everything. What you think you become.”– Buddha

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

MJ: Some influential people and mentors that helped encourage me along the way are:  My Mommy - who taught me strong determination, Joel Osteen – whose messages encouraged me after I lost my job of 28 years, Dr. Wayne Dyer – who taught me to become more Spiritual, Iyanla Vanzant – whose work embodies great life coaching skills, and Oprah Winfrey – whose Super Soul Sundays fill me to overflow.

BN: What are your “must-haves” to keep your career or business going strong?

MJ: My must haves to keep my career going are definitely my Spiritual practice, a Positive Mental Attitude, my tribes and networks, laptop, I Pad, IPhone, clients, and momentum.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?
 
MJ: My definition of a BOSS is what the Bible describes as a Virtuous Woman.  She shines her light brightly amongst all who cross her path, as she handles the affairs of her family and business.  


Connect with
Dr. Mimi Johnson for products and services visit Website:
wwwyoursoulsister.com.
 
Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured
 
 
 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network