BOSS Spotlight:Meet The "Beautiful Entrepreneur" Sandye Lomax




Sandye Lomax, Founder & CEO of Beauty Fetish, LLC has spent over a decade honing her skills in the beauty industry. She began her career as a teen model headlining international fashion shows. This licensed Cosmetologist, Esthetician, MUA & Eyelash Expert enjoys enhancing beauty & believes True Beauty Starts Within!

TheBOSSNetwork: What are some of the obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of You career?

Sandy Lomax: started my business with nothing more than pennies; my skill credentials and the necessary talent & determination to succeed! One of my biggest obstacles was self-doubt! Once I moved out of my own way by leaning on that "mustard seed" size faith taught by my mother and that inner self-confidence of light that would not dim even thru my own insecurities, everything fell into place!


BN: Who were some influential people/mentors that helped/encouraged you along the way?
SL:Was honored and blessed beyond my imagination when I had the opportunity to attend Oprah's Legends Ball. I was amongst so many amazing icons & influential women in art, entertainment & civil rights! I figured out my purpose that weekend! I knew that I had to place myself in a position of leadership from that day forward so that I could start building a bridge for my nieces and young girls around the world! I wanted to be able to one day say, thru my life that their strength to endure for women like me was not done in vain! That weekend was a major link to my "bridge to now!" My family & friends are a dynamite support system!

BN: What are your "must haves" to keep your career/business going strong?

SL: I must have God by my side! I must have & maintain the latest knowledge & training in my forever evolving craft! I must have the best quality products on the market to produce quality work.



BN: What inspired you to break into your industry?

SL: I spent many years working for the State of Maryland as a Disability Specialty as well as modeling internationally. During my modeling career I was always fascinated with the makeup & hair-styling behind the scenes. One day I found myself feeling incomplete & unfilled. I asked myself what would I do for free in life? I remembered when my grandmother was dying from cancer how she'd come alive when I would makeup her face, file her fingernails & comb what hair she had left. That was my AHA moment! Making people feel & look good. I get to combine my passion and compassion for people! I get paid to do what I love! It is rewarding on many levels for me!

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

SL: I have so many goals I'm trying to accomplish that I seem to run out of hours in a day to remember ME! I'm learning to nourish me the way that I nourish my goals & others daily! Because I am a one woman show aka brand Beauty Fetish it is a challenge to separate myself from the brand physically and mentally at times. I am honestly still trying to master creating a balance between professional & personal.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

SL: I actually have 2 quotes that I live by:
*Set goals or be used by someone or has!
*Pay It Forward

BN: What is your definition of BOSS

SL: A risk taker who is not afraid to stand in a position of leadership!


Connect with Sandye Lomax on Twitter @Beauty_Fetish
Learn more about products and service at Website:



               Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured




 
 
 




 

 
 
                        




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network