BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "True Mompreneur" Marita Kinney

 Marita Kinney,  Best-selling author, life coach, motivational speaker, and of course an entrepreneur, Marita has  inspired thousands of people to overcome adversity with triumph through faith and perseverance. While facing several life-changing challenges herself, Marita had enough faith to conquer tribulations, coming out victorious. Capturing the true essence of what it means to turn ?lemons into lemonade,? she has taken the harsh lessons of life and developed a plan for successfully living.
 

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Marita Kinney: I had overcome doubt. I never thought that I could have both a family and a career. Finding the time to do what was in my heart to do was the biggest challenge. As a wife and mother of six children, my time was limited.

 BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?



MK: With no  one to talk to, I began to write letters to myself for encouragement  and strength. I had no idea that I'd share those same words with  thousands of women and become a best-selling author in my genre and  own multiple businesses.

 BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?


MK: Balancing life has always been a struggle. However I have learned a lot from my mistakes and have been honest with myself about my priorities. I had to decide what was most important to me and balance my life from there. True success was found in the life balance that I created.  It gave me a sense of accomplishment in every area of my life.

 BN:What is an inspirational quote that you live by?


 MK: Be the best you  that you can be. It's the best gift that you can give yourself.

 BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?


MK: I didn't begin with mentors or anyone  to help me. I had to become a student along the way and be willing to  invest in myself. Once I married my husband Demoine Kinney, he  inspired me to live without fear. I began to believe in myself and  the Power of God. Also Brenda Browder (another author) has mentored  me in my writing and publishing career, sharing her wisdom and  experiences with me. I'm grateful for the two of them.
 

BN:What are your must-haves to keep your career or business going  strong?

MK: It's critical to have a positive attitude and to keep  positive people around you. Building a strong team of people who  believe in you is equally important.
 

BN:What is your definition of a BOSS?

MK: A BOSS is a person who has the  freedom to do what she/he wants and not being intimidated by the  details in order to accomplish the goal. Followed by the ability and  discipline to see beyond the challenges of business.

Connect with Marita Kinney
learn more about products and services at  www.maritakinney.com
 
Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network