BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Empowerment Catalyst" Shana Naylor

Shana NaylorCharismatic, encouraging, giving, loyal, educated, and inspiring, these are just a few words to describe Shana Naylor. A confident woman walking in her purpose, passionately carrying out her mission to empower single mothers worldwide. The founder of “The Real Single Moms Club”. Their motto is Redefining the Image of Single Moms.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

SN: Hands down overcoming Fear and not feeling worthy of the task.  Fear of failure, fear of what people would think and say, how would this look if I failed? I had no idea where to start.  I kept thinking, now exactly how I this supposed to happen.  At each level of success there comes a different fear factor but through this, I have learned to identify what it is and that fear is only a distraction of the enemy to keep me from living my best life. 


BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?  

SN:struggled with overcoming guilt and shame of being a single mom.Through my involvement with women’s organizations and attending empowerment sessions, I received a renewed sense of strength and saw unimaginable possibilities. I realized that other single moms needed someone to encourage them to be #MoreThanAMom  

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you  been able to find a balance? 

SN: When God gives you a vision, it’s easy to get in grind mode and never come up for air butI am always stressing to other’s how important it is to have Me Time, therefore in order to live by example, I am getting better at adding things to my calendar even my personal appointments.  But it is a challenge.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by? 

SN: "All things are possible if you believe."

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

SN: I have been blessed with some amazing mentors, Sonya Sloan,Dee Marshall and Zenovia Andrews. 

BN: What are your "Must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?                                       

SN: My inspiration is my Babygirl.  A team that shares the vision, mentors that are 20 steps ahead of me, a calendar, a journal and a glass of wine!! 

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?

SN: A woman that impressively balances all areas of her life and isn’t afraid to take on new endeavors. Her greatest asset is that she isn’t afraid to teach others the game.  




Connect with Shana Naylor,  on Twitter @shananaylor & Instagram @shananaylor
 ( Shana Naylorlearn more about products
and services at 
www.therealsinglemomsclub.com


Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network