BOSS Spotlight: Meet The Business Strategist Darnyelle A. Jervey

Darnyelle A. Jervey,  loves growing businesses. For the last 15 years, in one facet or another, she has helped thousands of companies grow.  As the Chief Business Optimization Strategist and CEO of the Delaware-based business optimization consulting firm,  Incredible One Enterprises, LLC, she has successfully helped uncompromising entrepreneurs and business owners experience financial and spiritual abundance in their lives because of their businesses. On average, her clients have grown their businesses by 50-600% in 12 months or less in working with her and her team.  She is a leading business optimization speaker and strategist who teaches business owners to grow their businesses by mastering brand messaging, marketing, sales and operations so that they profitably impact the world.  Jervey is an award-winning coach, speaker, consultant and strategist whose work has been featured in Essence, Success, Black Enterprise and O Magazines. She is a best selling author with 7 books to her credit, including her latest projects Burn the Box: 7 Fire Starter Strategies Leaders Can Leverage and Market Like a R.O.C.K. Star. In 2012, she was named Coach of the Year by Stiletto Woman Media and in 2013, she was recognized as a Small Business Champion by Small Business Trends.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Darnyelle A. Jervey: The biggest obstacle was clarifying what I did and for whom.  A lot of people think that they can just hang their shingle and people will buy but it doesn’t work that way.  In the beginning, I offered a lot but out of desperation more than skill. Learning how to trust my gifts and honor them in the marketplace made a big difference and it was with the help of a coach that I got the clarity I needed. 

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

DJ: Sitting behind someone else’s desk is not what I was created for. I decided to leverage my gifting to solve a major marketplace problem because it’s essential and I am good at it. My experience in corporate and the non-profit sector is what gave me the courage to step out and start my own business. 

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? 

DJ:I have a team; I operate my business with systems and I don’t give myself permission t just work. I became an entrepreneur and built a thriving business to continue to thriveSo, that means that I have to focus on operating in my strengths and surround myself with others who can do the same.  My company has employees and contractors, each with a specific skill set to run an area of the business. As the CEO and chief strategist, I stay in my lane.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?  


DJ: “When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope not to have a single bit of talent left saying, ‘I used everything you gave me.’” Irma Bombeck. and, “You can’t have a booming business when you have a busted life.”  Darnyelle A. Jervey

BN:Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?


DJ: All of my mentors are unsung heroes, they work in executive positions in Fortune 100 or 500 companies.  They’ve helped me to develop a business that aligns with my passion and purpose but also helped me to think strategically so that I consistently experience growth. In the marketplace, I admire many and have attended events or trainings from several people.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?


DJ: Prayer, a journal, a solid talented team, laughter, direction and just plain doing the work.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS? 


DJ: A Boss is a person, in this case woman, who unapologetically positions herself to help others. She is a servant first.  And she knows that in serving, she positions herself to build wealth spiritually and financially. She makes non-negotiable decisions, she is confident in her gifts and talents and she inspires a team to help her get her work out into the world. She is kind, focused, resourceful and committed to excellence. 


Connect with Darnyelle A. Jervey on Twitter @darnyellejervey 

 and learn more about her products and services at www.IncredibleOneEnterprises.com


Make sure to become a member of The BOSS Network to be featured


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network