BOSS Spotlight: Meet The Strong "Willed & Determined" Tina Brown

Tina Brown, CEO of Tina Brown Productions  (TBP), a dedicated, multi-faceted full service entertainment company That provides event management, concert promotions artist management, and film events. TBP is focused on providing the best possible entertainment and event experiences.Tina is a mother of four who heavily relies on her faith in God to persevere and move forward in life.

TheBOSSNetworkWhat were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Tina Brown: Obtaining enough capital to start up a business was very challenging to me. Obtaining a small business loan was not an option because initially, I did not have a track record.I ended funding the business with my personal assets.
BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

TB: I volunteered to work with  the American Black Film Festival for a couple of years in Miami Florida.  I found that I was really excited and inspired in the planning involved in making an event come alive.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?

TB: It's complicated because my personal life is very entwined with my business.  Also, my children are all adults so having to balance life and home was not hard as it would have been when my children were young.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

TB: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” Jeremiah 29:11 

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?

TB: Reggie Scott who was the Executive Coordinating Producer of the American Film Festival who encourage me to believe in myself and pursue my dreams, and Maya Angelo's poem "Phenomenal Woman" for obvious reasons.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?

TBAn excellent team that has the versatility to accomplish various tasks.


To connect with Tina Brown  follow her on Twitter at  @TinaBrownProd
and visit her website at www.Tinabrownproductions.com







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC