BOSS Spotlight: Meet The "Relationship & Success Coach" Shamieka Dean

Shamieka Dean, The Queen of Restoration, is a Restoration Strategist coaching women in love and business. She’s the Founder of Restore Me TV helping Real women with Real Issues find Real Solutions. She’s also the Founder of “Mogul Minded Women” teaching Christian women entrepreneurs success God’s Way.

TheBOSSNetwork: What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Shamieka Dean: I faced the obstacle of having the desire to do so many things but unsure of what to do or where to start. I didn’t worry so much about how to fund my dream because my belief is that whenever God gives a vision, provision is already made. When you have a creative mind, it’s hard to narrow down what to work on first. I also struggled with not having the support from who I thought would support me. God quickly showed me how limited my thinking was. If I only wanted the support of local people/family/friends then I wasn’t expecting my business to reach the masses. Once I received that revelation, my business began to flourish.


BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

SD: My inspiration came from looking into the eyes of a broken woman who didn’t know her worth, allowed her past failures to become her identity and lived a life of settling. I was that woman. I made a vow that I would live my life servicing other women who are where I once was because I know the pain, feelings of hopelessness and torture that comes along with it.


BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?


SD: I rest. It’s simple to me now. I set aside time to do absolutely nothing but rest. It is so vital because we are only as good to others as we are to ourselves.


BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?


SD: This is a personal quote I wrote a few years back “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” I live by this because I spent years trying to validate myself through relationships and the opinions of others. I allowed those who left or hurt me to make me feel unworthy. It wasn’t until I understood that my value was determined by God. He said that everything He makes is VERY GOOD. I chose to believe His truth over the opinions of others. It helped me to face every “no” and every closed door with confidence because I understood that rejection is only God’s protection.


BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?


SD: Tiphani Montgomery has been a huge influence in my life. She’s bold for God. She’s successful being unapologetically who God has called her to be. She doesn’t sacrifice her relationship with God for success. She’s successful because of her faith in God. Connecting with her has catapulted me to a place in God I didn’t think was possible.


BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?


SD: My must have to keep my career going strong is to keep God as the CEO of my business.


BN: What is your definition of a BOSS?


SD: My definition of a BOSS is being confident in who you are without apology.  Being a BOSS means creating ways where there aren’t any, stepping outside of the box and impacting the world with your God given gifts.



Be sure to follow Shamieka Dean on Twitter @shamiekadean and check out her products and services at www.shamiekadean.com





Comments

  1. That's pretty inspiring, thanks for sharing it!
    I can't imagine being my own boss without my Dynamics software (thanks to microsoft dynamics partners), which makes difficult planning a lot easier to carry out. Check out their website to find out more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC