How important is it for business owners to stay healthy? By: Tammy Lewis

 I'm going to have to say that I think that it is extremely important. I'll give it a BIG FAT 10!  As a nurse, I feel that people who are healthier are more effective.  You can't run a business, if you are out sick. How is that being productive?  It's not! Have you ever heard the expression &"Time is Money"Well guess what?  Time is not money. Time is time. But time is the one thing that you can never get back. So, why not live the best life that you can I can honestly say that being in business for myself, especially in the healthcare arena, has taught me a lot.There were times when I had to drag myself out of bed, because I was tired. I wasn't getting enough rest. I was up all hours of the night, while at the same time practicing poor eating habits. Over a years time, I had gained 30 lbs. Not only did this cause some unwanted health issues, but in weighed in very heavily on my self-esteem. I began to withdraw from activities, because I was always tired.  And I just didn't feel like doing anything! One day, I just made of my mind that I was going to be healthy. I took that necessary steps need to get back on track and it is still a work in progress. I am not only healthier, but I am happier.

Here are some things that you can do promote a healthier you:


 Have regular annual check-ups


 Get a good night's sleep


 Start a regular exercise regime


 Make healthy food choices


 Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day


These are simple tips that can help you look and feel better.  Start small to prevent burnout which may cause you to fall back into the same routines and old habits. Find an accountability partner to assist in holding you accountable. With an accountability partner you are less likely to quit. Also, track your progress. Once you see that you are making progress you will be motivated to continue on your journey. A healthier you is a more confident you.




Follow Tammy at @iamTammyLewis and visit her website                         at www.iamtammylewis.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network