BOSS Spotlight Meet The "“Empowerment Diva” Shavannah Moore

Shavannah Moore, Coming from a World of poverty, Shavannah managed to break free and live out her purpose. To Empower Women Globally, Shavannah was a high school dropout, who was told that she would never amount to anything beyond where she was at the time. Today she is a highly sought after Motivational Speaker, a Successful Entrepreneur, and #1 Best Selling Author. She has officially accomplished everything “they” said she could never be. Now she is on a mission to EMPOWER WOMEN TO LEAD.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Shavannah MooreI would say that not really having a support system from family, or even those who I thought were my friends. Being a single mother (at the time) living in poverty, a high school dropout and living paycheck to paycheck; finances never seemed to be enough. Beyond the FEAR that I had to pursue my BIG dreams, these were just a few of the obstacles that I faced in the beginning. However, I have always been and faith-walker and I knew that my vision was bigger than current situation.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry? 

SM: I would definitely say my Grandmother. As a young girl, my grandmother was my caretaker & just loved to cook and serve others. She’s been such a positive influence and role model in my life. So much so that cooking & serving easily became a passion of mine.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? 

SM: Time Management and making time for YOU is key! I plan my days accordingly so that my Husband and children are getting the quality time they deserve. I work my business the same as I did in Corporate America (having standard work hours 9-6 pm). And I make time for ME! When you are a better you for yourself physically, mentally and spiritually, you are a better mom, wife, & business woman!

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

SM: “I was once afraid of people saying “Who does she think she is?” Now I have the courage to stand and say THIS IS WHO I AM” ~Oprah Winfrey~

BN:  Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

SM: My grandmother was my greatest mentor of all times. Celebrity Chef Jerome Brown was my very first mentor when I started within the cooking industry. He taught me, educated me and pushed me to dream big and pursue my passion no matter what. He would often say “YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL, WALK IN IT" Oprah Winfrey and Maya Angelou, just to name a few, are some of the most influential Powerful, Phenomenal Women on Earth. And they have paved the way for many others like me to be influential just as they have been in many communities across the world.


BN:  What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? 

SM: I must have moments of peace & stillness. It’s in this time where I can gain clarity and hear God’s voice clearly as to what my next move will be concerning my life as a whole.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS? 

SM: A BOSS is someone who is a Leader, Courageous, and Determined to make an IMPACT in the World.




Be sure to follow on Shavannah Moore on Twitter @shavannhspeaks and check out her products and services at www.shavannahmoore.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC