BOSS Spotlight: Sharice Bradford "Certified Life Strategist"

Coach Sharice is a Certified Life Strategist who also has a doctorate in Counseling Psychology.  Her work is centered around helping women to recover, rediscover and redefine their lives through transformation, empowerment and a focus on wellness.  She is a teacher, speaker, facilitator and author.

1.  What are some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

My biggest obstacle in starting my own business was myself.  Fear of failure, fear of success, fear.  And for many years, I let fear hold me back from starting my business.  I was afraid to fail, I was afraid to try.  Once I overcame my fears and relied on my faith and the abilities I had, I was able to overcome the obstacles.  So this year I decided to finally step out of faith and make things happen.  After several years I finally put a plan into action, left my 9-5 and started working for myself.  While there have been some minor challenges, I can say that it was the best decision I ever made.  


2.  What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
My passion for helping others inspired me to break into the coaching industry.  I have always wanted to see others succeed.  Anything I can do to help contribute to the growth and well being of another person I am willing to do.  Working with women specifically has been a passion because I have been nurtured and mentored by some very strong women and I believe that we can individually and collectively achieve anything.  However we can do more collectively.  


3.  How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find balance?  
I do my best to find balance between my personal and professional life.  This means adhering to set office hours and certain days of the week where I work on certain tasks.  This helps me to stay focused.  There are times when the lines can become blurred, however being intentional with my time helps me to keep the balance.  It is also important to know when to quit work mode and move into personal mode.  


4.  What is an inspirational quote you live by?  
Psalms 139:14 which states that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  

5.  Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
My close friends deserve a great deal of credit for encouraging me and providing assistance and feedback along the journey.  They are always there when I need them and vice versa.  The other credit goes to my significant other who came into my life and became my rock.  He encourages me, provides the best feedback and support and he also provides the brutal honesty I need during this journey. He is an amazing partner!  I was also encouraged by those who doubted me because they provide the fortitude to keep me moving toward my success.  Finally, my nephews and younger cousins encourage me to be successful because I want them to know that there are no limits to what they can accomplish in life.  


6.  What are your ‘must haves’ to keep your career or business going strong?
-  Faith, prayer and devotional time
-  Clients, without them I have no business.
-  A notebook and a good pen to keep track of all of the ideas I have.
-  A creative outlet, because it help you retain your sanity.  

7. What is your definition of a BOSS?
A BOSS is a person who is action and goal oriented.  Not someone sitting on the sidelines claiming the title without the work.  To be a real BOSS, hard work, dedication, drive and sacrifice are required.  You are not a true BOSS until you have master all of those things.   


To find out more on Sharice, visit her at:
twitter @coachsharice7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network