Take the Step! By "BOSS Influencer" Kimberly Jones

Have you ever felt that you have the potential to accomplish more with your life? Do you ever get the sense that you haven’t completed all you were destined for? Do you desire to become more successful? If you do, we have something in common. For a long time, I felt this exact way and struggled with making a decision.  Would I make the right decisions, would I be successful, what if my decision was a mistake, all these questions weighed down my thought process. When I was deciding on whether or not to become an entrepreneur, fear of the unknown created doubts. I questioned whether or not I could really accomplish my destiny and become successful. It appeared that all the odds were stacked against me and I truly thought there was no way I could transform my situation into one that worked for me. Ultimately, I realized I was afraid.  Fear can be your own worst enemy. At first, I felt overwhelmed and had no idea what to do, where to begin, or how I was going to accomplish my destiny. As a woman of faith, I overcame my enemy of fear through prayer and I took the first step.


Successful entrepreneurs hold many roles and I knew becoming one would be difficult. I asked God for direction and to help me face the adversity that lay ahead. I knew that the road I was going to travel was going to be long and full of detours.  I knew I would make some wrong turns and that was fine. Eventually I would end up on the right road. Although my journey would be long, exhausting, and treacherous, I remained focused and continued on. I knew this journey would ultimately lead to a beautiful destination of entrepreneurship.


Below are five simple steps that can assist you on beginning your own journey:


  • Overcome any obstacles or fears that are stopping you from achieving your goals.


  • Believe that you can accomplish your goals. It’s never too late to begin. Crawl before you walk and take baby steps.


  • Achieve your goals by creating a business plan.


  • Build a reputation for yourself that creates expertise and trust.


  • Build your team. Surround yourself with like-minded people that will motivate you to be successful.


  • Execute the plan. Be aware of your attitude. Remain positive and never let excuses distract you.


Remember nothing ventured, nothing gained.  A man by the name of Adam Toren stated, “With great risk often comes great reward. There are failures, setbacks and even complete start-over’s along the way, but if you don’t risk something, you’ll never
gain anything. Take a chance and see what rewards might result from that

courageous decision.” Go ahead and slay your enemy, begin your own journey.  I promise the destination is worth it.




To find out more about Kimberly Jones, visit her at:
Instagram: @sheboss100

Twitter: @sheboss100

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC