Leadership that Blooms! By "BOSS Influencer" Yvette Gavin

“Leaders develop the ability to manage and lead themselves before they’re able to manage and lead others.” 

It’s spring! Barring the necessary pollen, it’s a welcome season for me because this is the time where I begin to re-calibrate; i.e., assess, adjust, and align. As I’m cleaning out the closet of old, worn out, or too small winter clothes and begin to fill my yard with blooming perennials, I go through a mental and emotional process that ultimately yield blooms in my personal and professional life.

Here’s how I do it:

 Assess – Evaluate how I'm doing with the goals I set in January. When I identify an area that lacks progress, I first ask: ‘Is this something I really want to accomplish?”  If the answer is no, then I remove it from my current goal list.  When it is something that I do want to achieve, I recommit myself to accomplishing the goal and move to the next step of adjusting.


Adjust –  This is the step where I plan behavioral changes that will allow me to make progress. Whether I am on track or off with any specific goal, I make adjustments. For instance, spring brings longer days, so even when I’m on track with a goal I often will increase efforts due to the fact that I have a little more daylight. When I’m off, I look for support; i.e., training, a book, or an accountability partner.

Align – This is the step where action is required. I strongly believe in dreams but I know they don’t turn into reality without action. My alignment step is where I align my mind and body and apply the plan I created during the adjustment step.
I am on a mission to help others achieve their personal and professional vision. I hope you’ll make the time this spring to assess, adjust and align. To help you in the process, we’re offering two webinars---The 15 Laws of Growth and Executive Presence for Women. These April courses will surely have you blossoming this year!   





To find out more about Yvette Gavin, visit her at:
Instagram: @yvette_gavin


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network