How To Establish Your Business Identity and Claim It Boldly by April D. Byrd

It’s important to establish your business on purpose, before thinking about money. Understanding what our divine purpose gives us better direction in going forward with what we do and why we do it.

Divine purpose is the guide that gives us direction. We find it in prayer, meditation, and taking the time to be one with ourselves. Communicating with the source of the very reason we were created. We have to truly look deep into who we are to find out what exactly it is that we have to offer the world, with excellence!

The first step to establishing a business identity is to look into personal divine purpose. Whatever we do, no matter how menial the job seems will play off this and provide peace in doing it. Even the perceived “hard” things.

I believe when we understand the purpose behind what we do, we can boldly share it with others without hesitation, no matter what the situation.
Recently I was in the car with a new friend that I meant at church, when she asked: “What do you do?” I found myself overwhelmed by the simple question. I doubted she wanted to hear: “I do everything!” Sometimes it needs to be something simple like: “I write” or “I work a Burger King” not the whole works, full of menial details. I found something simple to say and can’t remember exactly what it was that I said.

I later regretted not fully taking pride in the fact that. . . I’m a BOSS! Yep, I said it a BOSS! If we’re not able to take full ownership of the 27 plus hats that we wear as professionals and especially as entrepreneurs then there’s really no reason to even do it. The fact that the question rattled me made me go deep and get back to the purpose of it all.

What I should have said is: “I own a media company where I help people get the word out about their business.” and so the next time someone asks that’s what it will be. I read somewhere that when you introduce yourself at networking events you should share the WHY of what you do, along with what it is that you do. People are enlightened by it and more encouraged to assist.

I’m a firm believer that our business identity should be wrapped up in our purpose. At the end of the day God is in full control of ALL of our affairs anyway, “the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.”

It’s up to us to be on the right side of purpose when our time comes.

April D. Byrd is a Writer, Producer, creator of BOLDJournal, and Founder of Oasis Media Group. She believes that positive, uplifting media has the power to inspire hope and courage in people to excel. She uses her voice for good and helps others express their creative vision.

Learn more about April D. Byrd at www.vowinspirenetwork.com Twitter@vowinspirentwrk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC