BOSS Spotlight Feature: Dawn Kelly

Dawn Kelly is a courageous entrepreneur. Trusted, seasoned and proven public relations and strategic communications adviser with a track record of developing and implementing large-scale innovative, integrated communications plans to build brand awareness for businesses. Well versed in leveraging multiple channel approach, including research, digital and social media, traditional print and broadcast communications to define, favorably position, and communicate the value of thought leadership, brand, services, and solutions. Great manager of people, team leader, and relationship builder.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
I have enjoyed a lengthy career as a senior public relations and communications executive and now I am an entrepreneur running two operating businesses; Metropolis Group US/Global Connect and The Nourish Spot Inc.  I am presently partnering with two friends/colleagues on a third business that will provide back-office administrative assistance to busy professionals and entrepreneurs.  The obstacle, in my opinion, was the same; fear.  Once I fought fear with faith, nothing seemed impossible with patience, hard work and determination. 

What inspired you to break into your particular industry?
What inspired me to break into public relations and marketing was first realizing that my dream to become an attorney was not to be realized and I had to satisfy my desire to purpose all of my talents, aspirations, and capabilities into a role that would allow me to help others and positively impact the world. So instead of practicing in the court of public law, I ended up practicing in the court of public opinion as a public relations and marketing executive. 

How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance?
I don’t look for balance anymore. I seek fulfillment and just spend my time accordingly. 

What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
Lift as you climb. 

Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
Terrie Williams and Ofield Dukes 

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
Rest & Relaxation

What is your definition of a BOSS?
Living a fulfilled life on your own terms. 

Provide us with two words that describe you? 
PR Maven

Learn more about Dawn at www.the-nourish-spot.business.site 
Twitter: @prmaven17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network